SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ft Carson: "A Muslim soldier says her CSM forced her to remove her hijab" UPDATED March 23
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ft Carson: "A Muslim soldier says her CSM forced her to remove her hijab" UPDATED March 23 Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Wearing a beard and turban is "critical because it is really part of our identity as Sikhs," he said.

Well, wearing a mustache was part of my identity when I enlisted, and guess what?

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
"It shows progress," Kalsi told Military.com, adding that he has been involved in this effort since he was granted the first such accommodation in 2009. "I was the first to get the accommodation for turban and beard way back in the day."
No, its not progress. Its stupidity. Instead of constantly having to apply for, review, and approve 'exceptions', why doesn't the military simply change the underlying rules. And in my book, the same policy should apply to every soldier. Exceptions are stupid and only contribute to additional resentment and problems.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post