SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sjtill

the Keith article is excellent - it certainly adds a new element to what we've always accepted as the normal peaceful transition from one administration to the next

I guess that long line of historical precedent has been destroyed - by the democrats

we've always pointed to that to tell others that this is one of the things that separates us from other countries

we can't do that any more

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Nhtagmember—
And not a single Democrat in office has expressed any concern about this, as far as I know.
Unspeakable.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Nhtagmember—
And not a single Democrat in office has expressed any concern about this, as far as I know.
Unspeakable.
i guarantee it has not even crossed their minds. They are totally incapable of considering the consequences of their actions.

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Who is going to pay the BARR Bill??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opmrky-jhFw

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Kanye West is back defending Trump and his supporters on a recent interview on David Letterman’s Netflix series, “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction”

"They are “treated like enemies of America because that’s what they felt,” the “Gold Digger” hitmaker explained. “Have you ever been beat up in your high school for wearing the wrong hat?”

Letterman then asked Kanye, “who is doing the bulk of the bullying in America right now?”

“Liberals bully people who are Trump supporters,” Kanye replied."

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...le-trump-supporters/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
powerful interview w Joe diGenova at link:

https://theconservativetreehou...eration/#more-164307

diGenova says FBI Dir Wray is stonewalling AG Barr about how the counterintelligence investigation got started.

He says Barr went to President Trump and told him Wray was not cooperating. Then President Trump put out the memo telling the agencies to cooperate w AG Barr.

MHO: diGenova has good insight into what is going on

interview link:

https://youtu.be/AQhzliyWRck

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That was a good interview sdy. I dont believe their ever was anything but abuses of power throughout the obama years. I dont believe they were even good at what they did. More of a ameture hour lot of people in high positions who took nothing serious about being Government. When and if heads begin to roll, some get a trip to a Federal lock up, I am going to applaud and laugh 'till I pee myself. Take it to them Mr Barr.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
This article by L.J. Keith from 5/16 is a harsh but probably accurate assessment of the danger of this attempted coup, and the great likelihood that Obama, Biden, et al. Were deeply and probably criminally involved.

I'm starting to think Biden is running for President for only one reason: To try and save his ass.

I believe the corruption went to the top of the Obama administration, creepy Joe included. And I think everyone associated is nervous.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
This weekend, I had the opportunity to sit down and sift through an older thread. With hindsight-clarity, it's something I think most of the members of SigForum would probably enjoy a great deal.

If you'd like a reminder of where we were, and what we thought of Donald Trump, you should spend some time reading this historical collection. It really covers the gambit of emotions and commentary that make SigForum such a fun and interesting place to hang out.

Donald Trump is a first-rate ass clown, but...

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
powerful interview w Joe diGenova at link:

https://theconservativetreehou...eration/#more-164307

diGenova says FBI Dir Wray is stonewalling AG Barr about how the counterintelligence investigation got started.

He says Barr went to President Trump and told him Wray was not cooperating. Then President Trump put out the memo telling the agencies to cooperate w AG Barr.

MHO: diGenova has good insight into what is going on

interview link:

https://youtu.be/AQhzliyWRck

Joe DiGenova and his wife have been on Lou Dobbs many times. We are very lucky to have Bill Barr as Attorney General. Here is another interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnSFcugOWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7vpn1cOtQ4

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Senate GOP vows to quickly quash any impeachment charges
BY ALEXANDER BOLTON - 05/27/19 04:24 PM EDT

The Hill > https://thehill.com/homenews/s...arges?rnd=1558988650

''GOP senators say that if the House passes articles of impeachment against President Trump they will quickly quash them in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has broad authority to set the parameters of a trial.

While McConnell is required to act on articles of impeachment, which require 67 votes — or a two-thirds majority — to convict the president, he and his Republican colleagues have the power to set the rules and ensure the briefest of trials.

“I think it would be disposed of very quickly,” said Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

“If it’s based on the Mueller report, or anything like that, it would be quickly disposed of,” he added.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), an adviser to McConnell’s leadership team, said “nothing” would come of impeachment articles passed by the House.''

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/DmcBLKhNd-A

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^

Good video. Regarding Brennan and the supposed source close to Putin that can't be revealed, either:

a) he's lying, there is no source
b) there is a source and Putin already knows and has been feeding them dis-information
c) there is a source and Putin didn't know, but does now due to Brennan blabbing and will quickly determine who.

either b) or c) means Brennan divulged classified info at probably TS level simply by saying we have a source close to Putin.

Unlike the theory in the video, I doubt whether his clearance was revoked or not matters, you can't legally divulge classified info just because you don't have a clearance anymore. It is also pretty easy to revoke a clearance, happens all the time.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 5/27/19

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former US Attorney to The District of Columbia

Trump vows to uncover Russia probe roots with declassification call: ‘We’re exposing everything’

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28...ourt-2020/index.html

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday if a Supreme Court vacancy occurs during next year's presidential election, he would work to confirm a nominee appointed by President Donald Trump.

That's a move that is in sharp contrast to his decision to block President Barack Obama's nominee to the high court following the death of Justice Antonin Scalia in February 2016.

At the time, he cited the right of the voters in the presidential election to decide whether a Democrat or a Republican would fill that opening, a move that infuriated Democrats.

Speaking at a Paducah Chamber of Commerce luncheon in Kentucky, McConnell was asked by an attendee, "Should a Supreme Court justice die next year, what will your position be on filling that spot?"

The leader took a long sip of what appeared to be iced tea before announcing with a smile, "Oh, we'd fill it," triggering loud laughter from the audience.

David Popp, a spokesman for McConnell, said the difference between now and three years ago, when McConnell famously blocked Judge Merrick Garland's ascension to the Supreme Court, is that at that time the White House was controlled by a Democrat and the Senate by Republicans. This time, both are controlled by the GOP.

McConnell has made the confirmation of federal judges a key part of his Senate legacy and a highlight of his stump speech in Kentucky where he is running for a seventh term.

At the lunch, he said overhauling the judiciary is the best way to have a "long-lasting positive impact" because "everything else changes."

"What can't be undone is a life time appointment to a young man or woman who believes in the quaint notion that the job of the judge is to follow the law," he said. "That's the most important thing we've done in the country, which cannot be undone."

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
McConnell has made the confirmation of federal judges a key part of his Senate legacy and a highlight of his stump speech in Kentucky where he is running for a seventh term.

A seventh term. Roll Eyes

36 years going on 42. This is a big part of what is wrong with Washington.

Come on Kentuckians. Find a qualified person to primary his wrinkled old ass and send him out to pasture.

Our representatives should serve no more than two terms.

Posts: 20107 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DoJ announcement that Mueller will speak at 11 a.m. at the Justice Department on the "investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential election."

Mueller has told congress he doesn't want to testify in public, but would testify in a closed door setting.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm underwhelmed

Posts: 107606 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
*yaaawwwwwwn*

did he say nothing yet?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I was surprised to learn that Mueller is still a DOJ employee. Don’t know what his job is now.

Edit: Ah. “Special counsel Robert Mueller (MUHL’-ur) says he’s leaving the Justice Department now that he’s concluded his Russia investigation.”

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post