SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dumber than a bag of hammers. It's a shame, too. All those great old pop tunes, and now he's come to this. What happened to you, Al??
Different Al Green, not the same person as Reverend Al Green the singer (I am originally from the same area that the singer is from.)
Come on now, you've got to give me a bit more credit. Of course I know that this scowling anus is not the pop singer Al Green. It was a joke.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, but you turned me on to the fact that Al Green sang "Take Me To The River" long before the Talking Heads!

Al Green - Take Me To The River

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I got it. Like Jesse, it took me a second and then I totally lost it. Big Grin

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee Stranahan on twiiter, backing up Ted Cruz

THE SKEPTICAL PERSON'S GUIDE TO 2016 UKRAINIAN ELECTION INTERFERENCE

The media is telling you that Ukrainian Election Interference is a "debunked conspiracy theory."

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The IG report is finally out, and—surprise!!—finds no political motivation.

Fox News link

Link to the IG report website:

IG report link

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This is unbelievable. In the hearing today, the democrats' first "witness," a dem lawyer, is now up there questioning the Republicans' witness! WTF?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
As reported by Rush today, US Attorney Durham dissents from the IG report conclusion, based on his broader investigation:

quote:
have the utmost respect for the mission of the Office of Inspector General and the comprehensive work that went into the report prepared by Mr. Horowitz and his staff. However, our investigation is not limited to developing information from within component parts of the Justice Department. Our investigation has included developing information from other persons and entities, both in the U.S. and outside of the U.S. Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened.

Link

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Barr: Horowitz report shows FBI launched Trump campaign investigation on 'thinnest of suspicions'
BY MORGAN CHALFANT - 12/09/19 02:07 PM EST

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/homenews/a...mpaign-investigation
=============================
"Attorney General William Barr said that a newly released Justice Department watchdog report showed that the FBI launched an "intrusive" investigation of President Trump's campaign "on the thinnest of suspicions.”

Barr also said that the report from Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz showed that, in his opinion, the FBI had an “insufficient” basis to justify steps taken in the investigation into the Trump campaign in 2016, putting him at odds with Horowitz, who concluded in the report that the bureau had an “authorized purpose” to open the investigation.

“It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory. Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration,” Barr said."......MORE

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
As reported by Rush today, US Attorney Durham dissents from the IG report conclusion, based on his broader investigation:

quote:
have the utmost respect for the mission of the Office of Inspector General and the comprehensive work that went into the report prepared by Mr. Horowitz and his staff. However, our investigation is not limited to developing information from within component parts of the Justice Department. Our investigation has included developing information from other persons and entities, both in the U.S. and outside of the U.S. Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened.

Link

That was the nicest and most diplomatic way of saying "you're a biased fucking douchebag" I've ever seen! Big Grin

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...mpeachment-hearings/

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) failed to swear in the two counsels for both the Democrats and Republicans prior to their opening statements in Monday’s impeachment inquiry hearing.

Though staff members are not typically sworn in, witnesses must be sworn in and deliver testimony under oath.

Both Democrat counsel Barry Berke and Republican Counsel Stephen Castor delivered opening statements. Berke in particular made several factual assertions — many of which were dubious at best, and outright false at worst.

Nadler’s failure to swear in the witnesses was significant because it allowed the counsels to make claims without fear of perjuring themselves.

It was also significant for another reason: when Republicans raised a point of order, objecting to Berke impugning the president’s motives, which is forbidden under House rules, Nadler ruled that the point of order was invalid because Berke was not a witness.

Later, Nadler described Berke and Castor as witnesses, prompting Republican objections that he had contradicted himself.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...mpeachment-hearings/

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) failed to swear in the two counsels for both the Democrats and Republicans prior to their opening statements in Monday’s impeachment inquiry hearing.

Though staff members are not typically sworn in, witnesses must be sworn in and deliver testimony under oath.

Both Democrat counsel Barry Berke and Republican Counsel Stephen Castor delivered opening statements. Berke in particular made several factual assertions — many of which were dubious at best, and outright false at worst.

Nadler’s failure to swear in the witnesses was significant because it allowed the counsels to make claims without fear of perjuring themselves.

It was also significant for another reason: when Republicans raised a point of order, objecting to Berke impugning the president’s motives, which is forbidden under House rules, Nadler ruled that the point of order was invalid because Berke was not a witness.

Later, Nadler described Berke and Castor as witnesses, prompting Republican objections that he had contradicted himself.

I think the Dems are using Nadler as a throwdown in the even this all blows up on them. "Look out for that bus, Jerry!"

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fox News link

IG report link

So basically a complete dud? Good grief, the corruption runs deep. I believe it was mbinky who said that he would believe it, when he sees it (any good coming from the report). Looks like he was right. Mad

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:

Fox News link

IG report link

So basically a complete dud? Good grief, the corruption runs deep. I believe it was mbinky who said that he would believe it, when he sees it (any good coming from the report). Looks like he was right. Mad

We should relax a bit. This is not unexpected. And anyway, there actually is some damning stuff in this report.

By the way, we do have a separate long going thread just on this topic. Just saying.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 12/0/19

Joe is grouped together with other segments again. Joe's segment starts at 2:08:40 No description.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:

I think the Dems are using Nadler as a throwdown in the even this all blows up on them. "Look out for that bus, Jerry!"

That was exactly my thinking when Queen Pelosi got up there last week and mumbled though her dentures and shook her fist; she was setting Nadler up to be the fall guy when this all finally blows up on them.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:

That was exactly my thinking when Queen Pelosi got up there last week and mumbled though her dentures and shook her fist; she was setting Nadler up to be the fall guy when this all finally blows up on them.

Lugosi's a crafty old biddy. She appointed two complete morons to key committee chairs: Schiffhead and Gonad-less. I mean, good grief, could you imagine two loonier tunes (I waive Al Green, Maxine Waters and a few other obvious choices) heading Intelligence and Judiciary committees?

And where is "The Squad?" You can bet Lugosi (she vants to suck your vallet) has slapped them into submission. She's the Moe of Moe, Larry and Curley.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pelosi? Crafty?

When I was in 11th grade, there was bad blood between me and another student. I don't remember what started it. We had a couple of classes together. He wasn't all that bright, and that's being kind about it. He'd say some kind of stupid shit to me in class and I'd come back with something that was actually coherent and witty, made the girls laugh, and pissed him off more and more as time went by.
I wasn't a small guy, but he was a big, hulking son of a bitch. There was no way I could have taken him in a fight, just no way. One day, big man had had enough of my snappy retorts and told me that when I came out out my next class, which was study hall in the library, he was going to stomp my ass. This was my last class of the day.
About 90 seconds before the bell was to ring, I left the library to make myself scarce so as to avoid the guy. The only smart thing he ever did- the ONLY smart thing he ever did was to anticipate my move and when I went into the hall, it was completely empty- except for big man. He came running at me and about five or so feet from me, he slipped on the freshly waxed floor and banged his head on one of those old-style radiators. Knocked his own self right the fuck out. I kid you not. That's what happened.

The bell rings, kids come pouring into the hall, and what do they see? They see yours truly, standing over cold-cocked big boy. I brushed myself off a bit, ran my fingers through my hair as if I'd actually knocked him out, and got marched down to the principal's office while big boy got an ammonia ampule broken below his nose by the school nurse to revive him, and then he was off to the infirmary.
Both he and I were suspended for fighting and he never said another word to me or issued another threat. He could have said that he slipped, but I think he was too embarrassed to say so, and I surely was not going to say anything about it.

That is how "crafty" Pelosi is. She has simply lucked into it, and that is all that she's done.

Get it?

True story, by the way. No shit

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Friggin political photoshops are the most annoying goddamn thing on the internet, from both sides. A tiny bit more annoying than when someone puts “rat” in all caps in Democrat or says “Drumph” instead of Trump. (IMO)

Ok.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
We need more representatives like Jim Jordan in congress. I think Jim has totally figured out the ROE in that he attacks continually and viciously, and refuses to apologize for anything. Well done sir.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get it?

Horowitz IS the Swamp.
He was always the Swamp.
He was appointed by the Kenyon.
US Attorney John Durham is the REAL punisher with full authority to indict.
THAT'S the Guillotine, not Horowitz.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post