SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're not going to win and I don't want to see that kind of stuff in this forum. You can find plenty of places online where you can spread that stuff. This is not one of those places.

There's no need to clarify what you meant. I know what you meant, and what I said still goes.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I love these, even better than watching Sarah Huckabee-Sanders. If we could only have them wait to start the dang helicopter til he walks towards it.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/GUbN6eKbxQY

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Today, the local radio host Dori Monson was addressing the whole economy business. I paraphrase: “First it was the Russia thing. Then the Mueller report and congressional testimony deflated that. Then, he was a Racist! But then they realized we’re all tired of hearing that nonsense and it’s not working anymore. So we’re now onto the third “R” that they’re hoping will get a response, the thing everyone always fears: Recession! That’s right! They’re telling us it may or may not happen in the next few years, but a minority of economic analysts think we’re likely to see a recession. Never mind that our economy is booming in ways most of us have never seen in our lifetime and there’s less unemployment than any time in our nation’s history, it’s all going to maybe come crashing down! What a bunch of nonsense.”

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well done Mr President!! This is the only type of student loan forgiveness I will accept. God bless our disabled vets, God bless our president and country.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Xm5w9yosvyI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Sure is refreshing that Shifty Schiff and no Nadler have slithered back under their rock and aren't spewing BS every other day. Oh but if their 15 minutes are up.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that was important - nice to see it happen

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of student debt forgiveness. Period. You bought you own it. The real issue forcarving out disabled vets is the the criteria is all fucked up. I’m am a disabled vet. I just didn’t go down to the VA when I separated and applied for it. Most of my buddies did. It isn’t uncommon to see big double digit percentage “disabities” veterans who play golf and tennis, renovate large household projects and hold down full time jobs without issue.

Getting the “disabled” label is pathetically easy and it pays big dividends.

If you could realistically carve out legitimate disabled vets then I would listen.

Standing by to get crushed by fellow vets. My point isn’t that I don’t care about disabled vets, my concern is the bar for entry to this classification is ridiculously low because the inept VA administers it. The truly disabled and the guy who just did to get the tax break et al get lumped together which isn’t right, IMO.

Posts: 7492 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Andrew Dice Clay talks "Donny T" Big Grin

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You won’t get jumped on by me, I share many of those sentiments. Not a fan of loan forgiveness, rather see scholarships and grants up front. Im not upset about it either...

That and reverse the stupidity of the federal govt backing all student loans which is why we have this skyrocket tuition bubble in the first place!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
That and reverse the stupidity of the federal govt backing all student loans which is why we have this skyrocket tuition bubble in the first place!

Not stupidity; building up future clientele.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Not a fan of student debt forgiveness. Period. You bought you own it. The real issue forcarving out disabled vets is the the criteria is all fucked up. I’m am a disabled vet. I just didn’t go down to the VA when I separated and applied for it. Most of my buddies did. It isn’t uncommon to see big double digit percentage “disabities” veterans who play golf and tennis, renovate large household projects and hold down full time jobs without issue.

Getting the “disabled” label is pathetically easy and it pays big dividends.

If you could realistically carve out legitimate disabled vets then I would listen.

Standing by to get crushed by fellow vets. My point isn’t that I don’t care about disabled vets, my concern is the bar for entry to this classification is ridiculously low because the inept VA administers it. The truly disabled and the guy who just did to get the tax break et al get lumped together which isn’t right, IMO.

Maybe I got overly excited. I don't want people with jobs or playing golf to have their student loans forgiven. I assumed (likely incorrectly) this is for people who are permanently disabled and that disability prevents them from working or working but are not able to work full time due to the disability.

I'll have to reserve my praises until I see the plan for the program.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Fair enough. The President spoke a sound bite. Way too early to know details. Permanently disabled and unable to hold employment caused by service to this nation would move my needle towards agreement. Even though fundamentally forgiving student loans is basically a horrible idea.

Loved that video of President ignoring that nbc reporter.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The collusion delusion was a bust so now they're going for a recession depression.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Maybe my tinfoil hat is on too tight, but the Fake News seems to be beating the "impending recession" drum a lot. Undermining peoples' confidence in the economy is liable to make a recession a self-fulfilling prophecy. I am very tempted to think they tried - and succeeded briefly - to crash the stock market last week, with the 800-point drop in one day. The Great Depression began with a stock market crash.

I don't think it's a stretch. Look at two of the Democrat's biggest worries going into 2020. First, there's the strong economy. Most people are doing well or at least better than before and are likely to not want to change horses midstream. Second, Trump is delivering progress for blacks and other minorities in ways that Dems have never been able to. It wouldn't take too many percentage points of the black vote switching to Trump to doom the Democrats thoroughly. It's truly a nightmare scenario for the Dems.

It's no wonder then that the media's main stories all seem to be either that we are heading for a recession or that Trump is a racist.

I am sure they got the talking points from the DNC, not that they needed them. They know the score and are happy to play their part.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
First it was RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA!!!. Then it was RACIST, RACIST, RACIST!!! Neither of those are working, now they’re trying RECESSION, RECESSION, RECESSION! Because they know what’s coming.... RE-ELECTED, RE-ELECTED, RE-ELECTED!!!

That was the text I sent my wife this morning when she asked me about the recession.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5400 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm of the opinion that we have a collection of people that laid it on the line for the country and if they were injured or seriously and permanently wounded, we owe them a lot more than a few dollars in college tuition

To me, its what we should have done long ago and that is to make sure that the segment of society that made the greatest sacrifice be given every opportunity and leg up to now do what they want to do without being hampered by something as trivial as a student loan

remember as well that these veterans probably make less in one year than what an NBA player makes in 15 minutes playing a game

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I'm of the opinion that we have a collection of people that laid it on the line for the country and if they were injured or seriously and permanently wounded, we owe them a lot more than a few dollars in college tuition

To me, its what we should have done long ago and that is to make sure that the segment of society that made the greatest sacrifice be given every opportunity and leg up to now do what they want to do without being hampered by something as trivial as a student loan

remember as well that these veterans probably make less in one year than what an NBA player makes in 15 minutes playing a game

Like many things, the devil is in the details. I have absolutely no quibble with the idea of student loan forgiveness for truly disabled vets. Kinda seems like the least we can do for those who wrote a blank check for our country and had it cashed.

If the VA is doing a terrible job of deciding who is and who is not a disabled vet, then that is a problem that should be solved anyway.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What he said. What an NBA player makes in 15 minutes is irrelevant to this discussion. As is whatever Tim Cook makes in compensation every 30 while he is sleeping. Who cares.

Currently, in many locales if you are "disabled" to a certain percentage then your government checks are tax free, your kids get free or greatly reduced tuition, and the list goes on. Mind you, these are not grievously injured individuals. Not even close. They do whatever they want and work full time in taxing positions. Done incorrectly you would incur massive costs going to people who never saw combat, have realistically ridiculous "disabilities" and create a whole new class of takers. Harsh but true. This is a slippery slope with a huge potential for graft.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've been listening to this guy recently. He's a former lefty occupy wallstreet guy who wrote for leftist rags. He says he's now left of center moderate. He's quite often critical of the left even though he's part of it. Seems overall like fair/honest coverage from all his videos I've seen.

We are living in Trump's world:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/5uScFygXHZY

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The president is unloading on China and the Fed chairman this morning.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post