SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Costco lantern purchase
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Costco lantern purchase Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I do not get to costco that often but bought the little french door oster oven recently while in one. I also picked up a lantern to use mostly as an emergency light source for a prolonged outage. It is something I had been thinking about and when I saw i decided to purchase. It is not something that I was really in need of. But is another item in the arsenal that could turn out to be handy.

https://www.costco.com/enbrigh...oduct.100532488.html

So far it seems like a pretty good little unit. Albeit, chicom.

I believe I paid $25.

I know lanterns get discussed here regularly and thought I would let the collective know as it is a small outlay of cash and can run approx. three weeks on a single charge.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19222 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
It says that it runs off of rechargeable lithium as well as D cell batteries. Do you know if the lithium battery is removable (e.g. is there an 18650 battery that came be swapped out for a spare?).

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
It does.

I do not think so on the second part of your question A. Minimal info provided and I have not done much testing of it yet.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19222 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have a very similar lantern to that I use it quite often. Walmart had it in their camping department. I think it was a little under 30 bucks.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5047 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post