SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile in Iowa:

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signed one of the country's most restrictive abortion bills into law on Friday.

The so-called "heartbeat" legislation bans abortions once a fetal heartbeat has been detected, at about six weeks of pregnancy. Exceptions are made in cases of rape, incest or medical emergency.

Republican state lawmakers worked late into the night this week to push the measure forward. During Tuesday's debate in the Statehouse, Rep. Sandy Salmon said, "A baby has become something we can throw away. This bill says it's time to change the way we think about unborn life."

The bill passed the state House on Tuesday and the state Senate early Wednesday. Then it landed on Reynolds' desk.

THE TWO-WAY
Iowa Legislature Passes 'Fetal Heartbeat' Bill To Ban Abortions After 6 Weeks
"I understand that not everyone will agree with this decision," Reynolds said in a written statement. "But if death is determined when a heart stops beating, then doesn't a beating heart indicate life? For me, it is immoral to stop an innocent beating heart."

The legislation drew firm Republican support. Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst tweeted, "Glad to see Iowa leading the way and standing up for the most vulnerable in our society, the unborn. Thank you @IAGovernor for taking this important step forward in protecting life."

No Democrats voted for the bill. "This unconstitutional bill is nothing but a thinly veiled attack on Iowa women's most basic rights and freedoms — every woman deserves the fundamental right to make decisions about her own body with her doctor," Democratic National Committee women's media director Elizabeth Renda said in a written statement.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/headlines/a...-closely-sponsoring/

In a newsletter, Del. Dawn Adams, D-Richmond, said she “did not exercise due diligence” before co-sponsoring the abortion legislation with Del. Kathy Tran, D-Fairfax. Tran became the focus of a social media firestorm this week after Republicans circulated video of her saying the bill would allow abortions up until the moment of birth if one doctor certified that the mother’s physical or mental health was at risk.

“I made a mistake, and all I know to do is to admit it, tell the truth, and let the chips fall where they may,” said Adams, a first-term delegate who won a close upset victory in 2017 in her suburban district and could face a competitive re-election campaign this year.

Though other Democrats are standing by Tran, the response from Adams is the strongest public showing of regret from a lawmaker associated with the abortion bill, which has already been defeated.

https://www.richmond.com/news/...a2-efc7d246c192.html

Adams, a nurse practitioner, said she believes women have “full authority to decide what is best for themselves and their bodies.” But she said she mistakenly believed Tran’s bill would only repeal “onerous” abortion restrictions Republicans imposed in 2012.

Del. Dawn Adams, D-Richmond, said she “did not exercise due diligence” before co-sponsoring the abortion legislation with Del. Kathy Tran, D-Fairfax

In a text message, Adams said she’ll continue to support Tran, but she said her colleague was put in an “untenable situation.”

In the video of Tran’s comments, House Majority Leader Todd Gilbert, R-Shenandoah, asked Tran if a woman would be able to request an abortion as she was going into labor. Tran said that would be allowed under her bill.

In her letter, Adams said the scenario Gilbert described would classify as a “partial birth infanticide” that would be illegal under state law.

“This remains a crime and would not be something any sane licensed physician would perform,” Adams said. “The code is very specific and clear about what this means and it is different from an abortion, even late term.”

xxxxxxxxxxxx

keep in mind - Adams co-sponsored the bill

Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
God has a way of dealing with wicked societies and it ain't gentle.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Del. Dawn Adams, D-Richmond, said she “did not exercise due diligence” before co-sponsoring the abortion legislation with Del. Kathy Tran, D-Fairfax

So you're saying you are incapable of doing your job properly? Ok. Got it. Resign.

Due diligence my ass. You just didn't expect this much kickback. Reap it baby killer murderer.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
Due diligence my ass. You just didn't expect this much kickback. Reap it baby killer murderer.

Yep. She's simply backpedalling her ass off.

Posts: 20101 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men persons are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator Gaia with an certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.“
- The Declaration of Independence as amended in 2019 by the Democrat Party

Posts: 13261 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The so-called "heartbeat" legislation bans abortions once a fetal heartbeat has been detected, at about six weeks of pregnancy. Exceptions are made in cases of rape, incest or medical emergency.

I have always maintained this was the best way forward for pro-lifers. Not the "perfect" fight for never allowing abortions. Just take the abortion activist's most compelling arguments (that account for a miniscule percentage of them) off the table.

Pass a law making abortions legal in cases of rape, incest and medical necessity. Make them argue that "a woman's right to choose" now only pertains to them choosing to kill their children as a form of birth control with no other mitigating factors.

I also love the standing ovation over the NY state law. I would think even the most pro-abortion activist would still think it was distasteful even if they believe in the right to the hilt.

I am willing to fight and even die to protect the rights of someone to burn our flag in protest. I would never cheer about it though, it is still a disgusting practice.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey I think obama espoused the same thing!

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
infanticide

plain and simple

state sponsored capital punishment with no trial for the defendant

they must be so proud

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Governor Mengele and his endorsement of eugenics. This IS the Democratic Platform.

God had nations wiped out for exactly this issue.

The test case to the supreme court that enabled the forced sterilization of the mentally retarded was right here in Virginia. It had the famous quote from the judge "three generations of imbeciles is enough"

The sister was also sterilized without knowledge during a medical procedure and her and her husband didnt find out until the 80's.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pass a law making abortions legal in cases of rape, incest

So who gets punished in cases of rape, incest?

The innocent babies! The baby did NOTHING WRONG, but will be killed anyway!

Personally, any male convicted of forcible rape should be neutered! Permanently!

I fully understand the outrage on the part of the raped woman who is impregnated by that rape.

Having said that, the baby still did nothing wrong, certainly nothing that calls for the death penalty.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
And now in Vermont

Vermont is quietly seeking to pass a law that gives women the right to have elective abortions up until birth and strips away all rights of unborn babies.

Vermont is considering H-0057 which would give women the right to abort a baby at any time and for any reason up until birth. “Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry a pregnancy to term, give birth to a child, or to have an abortion,” the bill reads.

Interference by the state, law enforcement or a public entity with an attempt to procure or induce an abortion is illegal under the proposal. Women have a “fundamental right the freedom of reproductive choice and to prohibit public entities from interfering with or restricting the right of an individual to terminate the individual’s pregnancy,” according to the bill’s text.

An unborn baby also has no rights, according to the bill, which reads, “A fetus shall not have independent rights under Vermont law.” Planned Parenthood was investigated in 2017 for the alleged illegal sale of baby body parts, a practice which would become legal under the Vermont proposal.

If the law passes, late-term abortion doctors can be expected to set up clinics in the state to which women would travel to seek elective abortions until birth.

There are 91 authors of the proposal.

Virginia is considering HB 2491 which would repeal the state’s current restrictions on late-term abortions. The bill would allow a doctor to perform an abortion when a woman is dilating, meaning she is about to give birth. The proposal eliminates the state’s requirement that second and third-trimester abortions be performed only to preserve the health or life of the woman. (RELATED: Gov Northam Tries To Walk Back Infanticide Comments. Sen Sasse Blasts Him Again For Being A ‘Coward’)

The bill also does away with a number of other restrictions, including a mandate that women obtain ultrasounds prior to aborting and that second and third-trimester abortions be performed in hospitals. Opinions from multiple physicians are not required under the proposal.

New York passed the Reproductive Health Act Jan. 22 expanding abortion access and codifying a woman’s right to abort under state law. The law removes abortion from the state’s criminal code and allows women to have abortions after 24 weeks in cases where “there is an absence of fetal viability, or at any time when necessary to protect a patient’s life or health,” according to the legislation.

“Democrats have forgone safe, legal and rare and have now staked their ground in abortion extremism,” March For Life President Jeanne Mancini said in a statement. “Abortion up until birth is not only brutishly callous, it is severely out of touch with mainstream America,” Mancini added.

Seventy-five percent of Americans support significant abortion restrictions and say abortion should not be legal after a woman is three months pregnant, according to a Jan. 15 Marist poll.

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott did not respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment in time for publication. Senators Bernie Sanders and Patrick Leahy also did not immediately respond to TheDCNF’s request for comment.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...-term-abortion-bill/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I just can’t understand why killing actual babies is so important for liberals.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:
God has a way of dealing with wicked societies and it ain't gentle.

Of course. God wiped nations off the face of the earth for the way it treated children.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Now Governor Mengele says he doesn't regret anything he has said. Of course not.

This is the way of an adulterous woman:
She eats and wipes her mouth,
And says, “I have done no wrong.”
Proverbs 30:20

Applies to men, too.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Oh, on the same day Tran submitted this horrible bill, she submitted another, which would provide legal protection for some endangered species of worms.

Worms? But not children. Truly mentally unstable./

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Now Governor Mengele says he doesn't regret anything he has said. Of course not.

He's gotten millions from Planned Parenthood, so yeah, of course not.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Women have a “fundamental right the freedom of reproductive choice

Seems to me that they have a choice whether to get pregnant OR NOT!

I doubt that anyone can convince me that any woman in this country does not know how one gets pregnant! How long has sex ed been in our schools? Are the women of today so ignorant, or just plain stupid, that they don't how they get pregnant? Woman wants to screw like a female mink in heat? Great, have at it. But there is no reason why she should get pregnant while doing it, UNLESS SHE WANTS TO.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
What Governor Mengele actually said:
“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,”

CBS just played an altered sound clip wherein Mengele is heard saying:
“The infant would be delivered and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,”

And during their story they only played:
"a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."
After playing a clip of Gov Mengele defending what he said as being said to defend women's health care rights, and was only referring to babies born with severe birth defects.

Tran's bill specifically allows a woman to claim she is "having mental distress" during delivery of a healthy baby and the law would allow it to be killed during delivery.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post