SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reality show set in wilderness cancelled- no one told the contestants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reality show set in wilderness cancelled- no one told the contestants Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
I just saw this and find it amusing. A planned year long survival type reality series was cancelled after a few months and no one bothered to tell the contestants.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/glo...testants-1202016947/

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
damn...

just damn....

I wonder if the series produces are still on the Christmas card list of any of the contestants...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53191 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Story said they smuggled in liquor, ate chicken feed, and there was sexual jealousy. Sounds like everyone had their priorities in order.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Serves them right, these type shows only seem to draw people very high on the douchebaggery scale. Big Grin

Posts: 33816 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
So, a "Reality" show that was actually "real"? Somethings happened to some people someplace and nobody really gave a fuck at the time?

Yep, most of us call that reality show, "life".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ha, that sucks. Be funmy for a SJW to be there and then get to learn brexit and donald trump all in one day. Maybe thats the youtube meltdowns we been seeing?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
So, a "Reality" show that was actually "real"? Somethings happened to some people someplace and nobody really gave a fuck at the time?

No, at the start the network was giving a fuck.

It was later they, and the rest of the world, stopped caring.

99.999999999999999999999999999999999% of the planet's population still doesn't.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I have a feeling they will have better ratings when they show the rest of the footage. Seems like the whole thing is just a setup.

“The appeal of ‘Eden’ is that it was a real experiment, and when filming began we had no idea what the results would be and how those taking part would react to being isolated for months in a remote part of the British Isles,” the channel said in a statement. “That’s why we did it, and the story of their time, including the highs and the lows, will be shown later this year.”

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the contestants got a dose of reality.

Awake not woke

Posts: 568 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post