SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help exporting flip phone contacts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help exporting flip phone contacts Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted
My neighbor has about 6 pages of written contacts he is manually entering into his new phone. I was hoping to find a easier solution for him. Does anyone know how to export contacts from a Samsung SCH-U320 to a Verizon Orbic Journey L. Internet searches I've done were not very productive. I also noticed the reviews for his new are pretty horrible.

Thanks

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
If they both have Bluetooth capability, you should be able to do it that way. You will need to pair them, then send the contacts from the old phone to the new one.

Posts: 354 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if both are samsung phones, i'd recommend samsung smart switch, with both on wifi.

it'll xfer contacts, messages, home/lock screen pics.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
You can also set up a google, gmail account and export the contacts. Just sign in to google for new import

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
You guys are missing the fact these are both basic, inexpensive flip phones. No Internet connectivity. Any Bluetooth connectivity they have is almost certainly limited to earpieces.

If the OP's friend bought his phone from Verizon and Verizon couldn't sync the contacts: His friend is almost certainly SOL.

N.B.: All the above is just a SWAG, based on a brief perusal of those two phones on the web.

ETA: Here's a review of the Orbic Journey V: This is Verizon’s 2019 basic cellphone
quote:

The Orbic Journey V is Verizon’s newest “basic, simple phone” with no smartphone, Android, or iPhone features of which to speak. This is the phone which the average young person, or more likely their dad, will buy in defiance of smartphone trends ...

The Orbic Journey L is even more featureless.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Verizon used to do it for you when you switched phones.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8218 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
if it's a basic flip phone then they probably can't transfer the info.
in the old days we would save our contacts to our sim card and move it to the new phone.
i don't know if that's an option still.

i remember i used to export my phone contacts to an excel file then import them into the next phone before we could save to the sim card.

yeah, i'm old.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Thanks the responses, he got them entered manually

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
One more reason to have a real phone.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post