SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Frank Loyd Wright and his homes
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frank Loyd Wright and his homes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
well now I've changed my mind about his work.

now he's a 3-d artist, who is great about time space and perspective.

but he needs Norm abram, richard trethewey and tom silva from This Old House
to
make the whole thing work, practically

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54679 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 923 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Then there is the Gamble House in Pasadena, Ca.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29719 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your ever in a northwest Arkansas the Crystal Bridges museum has a FLW house that they moved and reassembled that is free to visit. I’ve been a dozen times or more and have had the whole house to myself numerous times.

I’m a pretty big fan of FLW and Fay Jones who was an apprentice of his and of mid century design in general. I went a little more industrial modern for my first house as I was more familiar with metal working than wood and didn’t have the skills to pull off Mid Century modern at the time.

If you have never seen any of his architectural drawings it’s amazing to see the level of detail and thought put on paper.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
If your ever in a northwest Arkansas the Crystal Bridges museum has a FLW house that they moved and reassembled that is free to visit. I’ve been a dozen times or more and have had the whole house to myself numerous times.

I’m a pretty big fan of FLW and Fay Jones who was an apprentice of his and of mid century design in general. I went a little more industrial modern for my first house as I was more familiar with metal working than wood and didn’t have the skills to pull off Mid Century modern at the time.

If you have never seen any of his architectural drawings it’s amazing to see the level of detail and thought put on paper.

Yeah, that's right. your house you built yourself. I remember. What a cool project that was to watch.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about that lack of civil engineering degree -- read the Wiki about the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo. I went to it thinking it was FLW, but that structure had been demolished long ago.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5055 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
My wife and I enjoy Cedar Rock near Quasqueton, Iowa. Our favorites at this home:

- The Boat House - Wright designed an incredible boat house located at the rear of the home on a beautiful limestone bluff along the Wapsipinicon River.

- The Council Fire - The best "fire pit" we have ever come across.

linkie should anyone wish to learn more...

https://www.friendsofcedarrock.org

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks ,
Cedar rock would be a good day for us .

will look in to it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54679 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post