SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missoura!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missoura!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ha! Duly noted.

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like canoeing, try the Current river in southern Missouri. The largest spring fed river in the country.
My brothers, cousins and I take 4 or 5 day trips down it every other year.
Beautiful!!

Posts: 970 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
You guys are making me homesick. I have fond memories of yearly trips to Silver Dollar City, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks. It took years to wash out my Missourah, but I can bring it back in a heartbeat. Being from Warshington, Missourah, a far flung suburb of St Louis, I also have a solid Fahrty Fahr and Highway Fahrty.

Posts: 2528 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
I'm from Springfield.

You lot done and made me homesick.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 619 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed the area we come back every Spring and Fall and stay in Branson. Lived in Missouri for 14 years North of Springfield before going full time RVing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Missouri is freaking NICE. Best folks ever. Thinking about retiring to SO MO.

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Quick reply about the thread title. My grandfather was a brakeman and yardmaster with the old 'Missoura' Pacific Railroad--and that's exactly how he said it.
I have lots of relatives in the state and many folks there pronounce it "Missoura".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the truth will set you free
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
Springfield here! Glad you liked it. Come back, retire here whatever. Just don't tell too many friends.

Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: September 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
Glad you had fun, and feel free to come back anytime. My Grandparents (both sets) always pronounced it "Missoura".

We're pretty gun friendly here, and lots of outdoor opportunities abound. The bigger cities offer a wide latitude of attractions, but like others have said, don't tell the liberals, we already have enough of them.

Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Grew up in Kansas City. Getting ready to retire and leave the east coast and move back home. Looking to buy anywhere from Lees Summit to further out. Looking forward to seeing the Ozarks & Branson again. Looks like Branson has changed quite a bit since I was last there decades ago. Time to go home.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post