SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pelican Cases - Excellent products & customer service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pelican Cases - Excellent products & customer service Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted
I have about ten of their cases, from small ones up to 1630s. I recently picked up three used 1630s on Craigslist & one had a broken retractable handle.

I contacted them July 14th (last Tuesday) in order buy a replacement. Nope, lifetime warranty, just send us photos. "But I'm not the original owner," sez I. No matter, lifetime warranty.

By Friday I have not only the handle, but the mounting portion and screws (which I wouldn't have needed), as well as a complete set of new wheels. I don't see how customer service could do any better than this.

I know their stuff is spendy, but their cases are tough, & they work. Made in the USA. You get what you pay for.

Just thought I'd give them proper recognition here. Well done, Pelican. Top notch.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear. I really like their Storm cases. They advertise a good woman, but so many companies don't stand behind the warranty you never really know until you need it.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a similar experience with Pelican.

I was given a 1630 that had the handle and wheel assembly removed and I was probably the 10th owner and I told them so. Still sent me the wheel and handle assembly with screws for nothing.

Top notch in my book.

Posts: 922 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I have a cooler and a rifle case from Pelican. Quality products.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t own their products but have worked indirectly at their Torrance facility. Quality is job #1. I had been to the facility several times and was impressed with the workers and product.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several of their gun cases, camera cases, and smaller for my drone and such. Never a complaint. They are one of those buy once, cry once companies.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
In typical fashion I see a few guys at gun shows selling the Chinese knock offs. Look exactly like the real product unless you put real and knock off side by side and open/close/lock them.

I've got probably 6 various sized Pelican cases, great stuff.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I agree, I’m looking at another for my SBR, I haven’t even looked at another company.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pwelch001:
I agree, I’m looking at another for my SBR, I haven’t even looked at another company.

Look at Pelican's top tier line, Storm im3300 or, 3200. Storm has the nicer, more robust latches and nicer wheels.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I just received a Storm that I has purchased for my sons 22 birthday. Built well with a lifetime warranty. Latches and wheels are sturdy.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post