SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fill-er-up with e-juice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fill-er-up with e-juice Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
A fill-er-up for an E-car in the Netherlands is ~23$

Mothers debit card number was stolen recently. Luckily I was there and went to the computer and drained Mother's checking balance to savings. Simultaneously, 3 charges showed up on screen for 22.80 to e-charge a car in the Netherlands. This all was minutes after the theft. Three attempts were made to charge charging the car.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
1. Stop using a debit card. No upside to it. None.

2. You need to alert the bank to the fraud and close the debit account. Moving money out is just going to trigger a bunch of overdraft charges.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

2. You need to alert the bank to the fraud and close the debit account. Moving money out is just going to trigger a bunch of overdraft charges.

^^^THIS! Tools of the debil. Debit cards.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20322 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I thought charging stations were free?

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's my feeling. I no longer use mine at all. Ours' are also credit cards, so I keep mine for that.

quote:

Debit account == checking account, usually, does it not? No need for such drastic measures. Just cancel the debit card.

quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:

What gave you that idea?

The energy is free . The use of it is not.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Never had a debit card. I use a credit card for almost all transactions and just pay it off every month.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3976 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

quote:

Debit account == checking account, usually, does it not? No need for such drastic measures. Just cancel the debit card.

My concern here is that the OP says he move money out of the checking and into the savings account. If the debit card info is out there, each transaction against an empty checking account may show up as an overdraft.

You are right, the debit card being cancelled should be sufficient, but moving money out of the checking account isn't enough. I misspoke and should have said the debit "card" needs to be cancelled, not the "account".

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Gee guys.
Everything is cool... I left 100$ in the acct. The bank system caught and rejected all 3 charges as not fitting normal pattern. The card closed immediately. A new card number has been received. All is well.

At least we know a tank of e-gas is 22.80$ in the Netherlands.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:

This is Europe remember. They charge you money to use the shitter there and for your ketchup packets at McDonald’s…

Posts: 33843 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post