SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    posting pictures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

posting pictures Login/Join 
posted
Gentlemen I am unable to post pictures. I have them on a photo service sight called snap fish click and past the url for the photo into the post and still no luck.
I tried search a solution but came up with nothing. Any help?

Posts: 421 | Location: Richmond Va. | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcsig619:
Gentlemen I am unable to post pictures. I have them on a photo service sight called snap fish click and past the url for the photo into the post and still no luck.
I tried search a solution but came up with nothing. Any help?

I went to their site. It doesn't look like they do image hosting, just make printed products from your photos.

Try https://postimages.org/. It's really easy and simple to use. You don't even need an account, if you don't want one. However, you can set up an account if you want to keep track of your images.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Once you have a hosting site image code - and you have copied the copy - when you reply to a thread do this

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
SIGforum and many others use BBCode, so photo links have to be encased in [IMG] brackets to appear. You can manually type them or use the technique posted above. Both work.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
If you go with postimage, use 'direct' link.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20865 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok thanks guys

Posts: 421 | Location: Richmond Va. | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Was there a really cool diagram posted of the process? I've been looking and don't see it.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Was there a really cool diagram posted of the process? I've been looking and don't see it.

There was, but the one most often used is (ironically) hosted by Photobucket, so now is unusable due to the blurring and giant watermark.

Posts: 32571 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Posting pictures?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...680054534#9680054534

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:

Yeah, GaryBF made this one:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30760 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Test

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post

test

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2017 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Thank you V-Tail! That was what I was thinking of!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
V-tail's method works for most of those hosting sites, but it is against Flickr's rules to do it that way. Someone else has posted the proper way to do it with Flickr (which is actually simpler). Here is a link to the proper Flickr procedure: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...920069724#7920069724

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

V-tail's method works for most of those hosting sites
It's not my method, yo. Please give credit to the guy who took the trouble to put that flow chart together, that was GaryBF.

I just re-posted his excellent work.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30760 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Actually, it was GaryBF who created both those charts.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post