SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dominican Republic (correction), Visit, Get Sick or get Sick & Die
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dominican Republic (correction), Visit, Get Sick or get Sick & Die Login/Join 
posted
What is going in P.R.? Any of you going there soon may want to re-think after story after story of US people getting "sick" and Dying there, and seems these are not cheap places that are mentioned. Are they doctoring the liquor there to save a few bucks?? Several stories seem to involve someone getting sick after just having a drink.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rpm2010,

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The stories I have seen are about the Dominican Republic. I imagine PR is still very much in recovery from Hurricane Maria.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you don't mean the Dominican Republic?

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
He must mean DR, not to be confused with PR.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PR must have tipped over and he couldn’t tell what it was from looking at the bottom!

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That's the DR, not the PR, and the FBI is on the case!

And no. Having been there, I have no desire to go back.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
PR must have tipped over and he couldn’t tell what it was from looking at the bottom!
That's Guam. We're getting our islands all confused. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bootleg alcohol in the mini-fridges.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13402 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isnt the DR actually Hispaniola? Which includes another island paradise called Haiti.
The only way I would visit either were if my traveling companions consisted of a Marine Expeditionary Unit.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16099 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The DR is a shithole, have no desire to go back.

Except maybe for some of that Brugal Anejo or some Bacoo or umm some Kirk and Sweeney.

Posts: 5329 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I just hope PR and DR don't capsize....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29708 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's FDR he is talking about. He was in a wheelchair.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nothing to worry about. The DR PR Dr. at the DR ER said everything was OK.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It's DR that is currently in the news. I have no desire to go there, but if I were there I'd not drink anything I hadn't brought with me.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nothing to worry about. The DR PR Dr. at the DR ER said everything was OK.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The DR at the ER said PR was getting bad PR because of the the DR.
That should clear up the matter.

posted Hide Post
My daughter went there on a mission trip several years ago. I had what is commonly known as a "shit-fit." The next year it was Guatemala. When time for the next trip came, she was married to a man who said, simply, "No." She's been in the US since.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
MMMmmmmmm....Dr. Pr. Makes me thirsty.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29708 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
[OP Please change your title to reflect the correct location.]

DR needs to get this under control or their tourism bureau's new motto will be "The Dominican Republic: Where American Tourists Go to Die."

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait, now we can't drink Dr. PPR? Confused

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the ideal place for the assisted suicide convention.

Posts: 107625 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post