SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Larry Elder is running for gov of CA.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larry Elder is running for gov of CA. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Excellent news! He's been one of my heroes for a long time.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that.

The Democrats have a massive majority in the State Legislature, so nobody who's conservative is going to be able to do anything at all to change things there, even if they are the Governor.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He’s smart, principled and disciplined. He doesn’t stand a chance.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Sadly, I think you are correct!

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

He certainly stands a much better chance than the inarticulate, milquetoast, "private sector" amateurs that have run for office as Republicans during the last few decades. I've already contributed to his campaign and don't even live in the state anymore, but I'm still vested there. My family mostly lives in So. CA, I have friends, former neighbors and co-workers still in the state, and my retirement comes from there too. If things are ever going to improve, it's going to take guys like Larry to turn things around, not pessimists grumbling from the sidelines.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I listen to his show in the evenings here in the Houston area. It seems to be about a 50/50 split of listeners between those who want him to run for Governor and try to advocate change and those who think he better serves the Conservative effort by continuing on his radio show.

Since it's Commie-fornia, I also believe the cards are stacked against him. The Demoshits will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to prevent a Conservative from becoming Governor ever again. Despite his intentions and how great a job he would TRY to do, I just don't think he would be able to accomplish anything in that role. Sad, but true...

But DAMN...if he decides to run, I'll be throwing $$ his way.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
quote:

Sadly, I think you are correct!

I love the guy but sadly Kommiefornia is fallen way too far into the abyss. Frown

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
And thanks to relief factor he's pain free.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
At this point, there seem like at least 2 good republican candidates. If votes are mixed across these two, does that give newscum a better chance of winning. Is the outcome a majority? Or is there some min amount (ie - > 50%) necessary?

I'm worried if it's simple majority - what if the two R's each get 30% and newscum gets 40% - then he would win even though R's get 60%.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
At this point, there seem like at least 2 good republican candidates. If votes are mixed across these two, does that give newscum a better chance of winning. Is the outcome a majority? Or is there some min amount (ie - > 50%) necessary?

I'm worried if it's simple majority - what if the two R's each get 30% and newscum gets 40% - then he would win even though R's get 60%.

From what Mr. Elder said in the video, there are to be two questions on the ballot:

1) Should Newscum be recalled? (Duh, of course!)

2) If Newscum is recalled, who should replace him?

I don’t know how good a job Mr. Elder would do as a governor, but I’d sure trust his intellect and principals.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I like Larry Elder, but don't like supporting celebrities for executive positions.
I support Kevin Faulconer, who was a pretty successful and honest mayor of San Diego.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I like Larry Elder, but don't like supporting celebrities for executive positions.

Before being elected governor, Ronald Reagan had never held political office and was a celebrity. I would say his political career turned out pretty good.

If you don’t like Mr. Elder’s political stance, fine but being a “celebrity” should not be how he is judged for political office.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Is Bruce Jenner running as a Democrat or republican? He probably has a pretty good chance…

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Bruce is running as a Republican.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Is Bruce Jenner running as a Democrat or republican? He probably has a pretty good chance…

He has no chance. And no conservative should give any support to Jenner. Besides being confused mentally, he offers nothing that would benefit Republicans and certainly not conservatives.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

From what Mr. Elder said in the video, there are to be two questions on the ballot:

1) Should Newscum be recalled? (Duh, of course!)

2) If Newscum is recalled, who should replace him?

I don’t know how good a job Mr. Elder would do as a governor, but I’d sure trust his intellect and principals.

Interesting. So, simple majority for #1 (although it should be > 50% since it's binary) then the recall happens no matter what?

Then it's about deciding who to replace. Then again, #2 is multiple choice? And then simple majority wins? Or does one candidate need > 50% again?

Kevin Kiley is also running and seems good albeit young.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
unfortunately I don't give him much of a chance n CA given the huge quantity of libtards in the state

its interesting that the recall is the ballot and yet Grusome is running again as an undeclared...most people will fall for that

I suspect the recall with fail

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Kevin Kiley is also running and seems good albeit young.

Kiley checks a lot of boxes and his legislative record shows he's focused on state issues and not national ones. He's almost there but, needs more seasoning.
I'm apt to vote for Kevin Faulconer, as he has executive experience running a big city.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Link

Larry Elder is leading all CA candidates @ 16%. No other candidate in double digits (Bruce Jenner at 4%). It's early and still 53% undecided, but certainly a bit of good news. Lets hope!

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
For those who don't know, there'll be two options on the recall ballot.

First question; should Newsome be recalled? If he gets 50% + 1 vote, he stays in office. 50% or less then question #2 comes into play.

Second question; who should be governor. Highest vote getter wins (as in, of the more than 40 candidates it's conceivable someone getting 6% of the vote can win. Newsome will not be part of the second question nor will write ins be allowed.

Also, do NOT believe everything you have heard about Faulkner. He rolled over so much he's still swimming in the sheets (Ash St. hotel purchase anybody?)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post