SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Larry Elder is running for gov of CA.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larry Elder is running for gov of CA. Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
Link

Larry Elder is leading all CA candidates @ 16%. No other candidate in double digits (Bruce Jenner at 4%). It's early and still 53% undecided, but certainly a bit of good news. Lets hope!

I hadn't heard that he won his lawsuit. That's great news.

VICTORY: Larry Elder won his court challenge Wednesday to California Secretary of State Shirley Weber, who must place him on the list of candidates in the Sep. 14 election to recall incumbent Gov. Gavin Newsom (D). https://t.co/mB1mycyoSf

— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) July 22, 2021

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Is Bruce Jenner running as a Democrat or republican? He probably has a pretty good chance…

He has no chance. And no conservative should give any support to Jenner. Besides being confused mentally, he offers nothing that would benefit Republicans and certainly not conservatives.

A couple facts or principled logic would be helpful here, at least to me. I heard his/her message, sounded pretty good compared to what the citizens of the land of fruit and nuts normally go for.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well this is cute. And implemented just in time for Newsom's recall election. It takes effect on August 16th.

Now you can print your own ballots at home in California. Brilliant.

Remote Accessible Vote-By-Mail (RAVBM)
For the November 3, 2020 General Election, any voter can request to use Remote Accessible Vote by Mail.

A Remote Accessible Vote by Mail (RAVBM) system allows voters to mark their selections using their own compatible technology to vote independently and privately in the comfort of their own home. To use a RAVBM system, a voter must:

Download the application
Mark their selections
Print their selections
Sign the envelope (using the envelope provided with the vote-by-mail ballot or the voter's own envelope )
Return the printed and signed selections either by mail or by dropping it off at a voting location. The selections cannot be returned electronically.
How to Request RAVBM
A voter can request a RAVBM when they review their information on My Voter Status or by contacting their County Elections Office by phone, mail or email or by going to their County Elections Office website for more information.

How to Use RAVBM
A voter using RAVBM:

Downloads the application to mark their selections,
Marks their selections for each contest using their compatible technology, on their computer or tablet,
Prints and returns their marked selections by mail using the postage paid envelope included with their vote by mail ballot or using their own envelope which would require postage. The return envelope used in any instance, must have the voter’s signature on the outside of the envelope. The voter can also return their selections in person to a voting location, drop box, or their County Elections Office. A voter cannot submit their selections online. It must be mailed or returned in person.
The vote-by-mail envelope being mailed to all Californian’s, includes punched holes that will help guide visually impaired voters where the signature is needed. However, if a voter is using their own envelope, they can sign anywhere on the outside of the envelope.

https://www.sos.ca.gov/electio...accessible-vote-mail

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well we certainly don't have to worry about any voter fraud with this new Calif. system!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess they had to figure out a way to keep pelosi’s nephew from being recalled and put the brakes on Larry Elder’s attempt to get elected. Just another voting scheme by the fucking liberals in california.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait, so all those folks who can't manage to get an ID, now magically have internet, computers and printers?

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
He certainly stands a much better chance than the inarticulate, milquetoast, "private sector" amateurs that have run for office as Republicans during the last few decades. I've already contributed to his campaign and don't even live in the state anymore, but I'm still vested there. My family mostly lives in So. CA, I have friends, former neighbors and co-workers still in the state, and my retirement comes from there too. If things are ever going to improve, it's going to take guys like Larry to turn things around, not pessimists grumbling from the sidelines.

or folks who flee the state leaving behind what they helped create. Just say'in.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Smile

“Black conservative radio host and politician Larry Elder is arguing in favor of reparations for slavers who had their 'legal property' taken away following the Civil War.

Elder, 69, appeared on The Candace Owens Show, alongside the show's namesake host, in July to offer his insight on race relations in America.

'When people talk about reparations, do they really want to have that conversation? Like it or not, slavery was legal,' Elder said.

'Their legal property was taken away from them after the Civil War, so you could make an argument that the people that are owed reparations are not only just Black people but also the people whose 'property' was taken away after the end of the Civil War.'  …”

https://mol.im/a/9962263

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Couldn't he have trolled them after the election?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I saw a few minutes of an interview with Jenner last night. I thought, who would want to vote for someone so confused? But then I was remined there are A LOT of confused people in that state, and we have a confused old man in the White House, so why not?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Last I saw on NewsMax that Newsome is ahead by 10 points.

What the hell?

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post