SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oregon background check "Queue"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon background check "Queue" Login/Join 
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted
This is horseshit. OSP does the background checks there. I was #335 in the "Queue" 2 weeks ago. Nothing yet. What is this Queue bullshit? Federal law says 3 days unless I missed something. And I maintain a Texas CHL these assholes won't recognize. In TX, I walk out with no background check. Guess they can just loophole me with a Queue??

So if they don't get to it to approve or deny I just suck lemons? I don't care about record #s of people buying guns that aint my problem.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7029 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Are you an Or. Resident? New one as your location says "bay area". Thinking that means cali.
If trying to get a carry permit, yea it will take a while. Be patient.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your woes. Frown

Lest anyone get confused and wish to fuel the anti-2A false rhetoric:

quote:
And I maintain a Texas CHL these assholes won't recognize. In TX, I walk out with no background check

A background check was done .... not just at the time of sale. Smile

Posts: 23226 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Are you trying to get a nonresident CCW? To do so in Oregon requires going to particular counties. I haven’t done it but other friends/members have.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Wife is Army so we are stuck in Bay area (Cal) another 3 years. I might jump off the bay bridge instead.

I am an Oregon resident with a place there. I have a TX CHL, lived there a decade or so. Never got the Oregon CHL. Does that forego the background check? It would be worth it if they continue subverting gun buyers with extensive unconstitutional delays.

This is particularly irritating because I only get up to my place every so often, 7 hour drive so I timed the xfer while I was there. Then this nonsense, so it will require me to drive back up there. I work, but hey the Queue doesn't care. Mad

Posts: 7029 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
All HAIL THE MIGHTY QUEUE!

You don't question the Queue. OSP overlords are tirelessly slaving as fast as they can. They care deeply to provide the best and most timely service. It's just the way it is you know. Governor Brown wants Oregonians to suffer no inconvenience in exercising their 2A. It's just so many guns being purchased now is the problem. It's that's fault. Not OSP, they are working round the clock, doing everything they can to serve us. Oh I'm so thankful to the OSP for their hard work. You haven't been approved or denied cause it's still in the QUEUE. The all knowing Queue dictates your timeframe. Bow to the Queue!!

3 days from the call. Anything else is unreasonable. And even that is pushing it.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Are you trying to get a nonresident CCW? To do so in Oregon requires going to particular counties. I haven’t done it but other friends/members have.

He is buying a gun, not applying for a carry permit.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I just bought small Sig365. Now I have to wait as I am about 1000 on the list. I go to renew my carry permit this week. They said make an appointment for that early. I did ask for an appointment 3 months ahead, but they were already booked just past my expiration. Luckily there is a grace period.
Meanwhile I have to wait out the queue for the little Sig. I intend to consign a Walther CCP that the Sig will replace. The CCP is the one that takes a special takedown tool.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6409 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
You will bend to the will of the Queue. Big Grin Mad

Congrats on your new gun purchase. A time most of us work hard for and save money and then it's like Christmas when we go to get our new item. Then we learn about something illegal called the Queue. Tyrannical, unconstitutional, bend over and take it in the ass Queue. We think we'll get to you soon, maybe. We're real busy.

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I guess there's an implied question in all this, which I already foresaw the answers to but maybe there's a long shot out there I don't know about. After all, this is the relevant place to ask.

What can be done about this? Not just my xfer but the whole Queue loophole? I already let the gun store know how ridiculous this is, and reminded them of federal law. Which they basically shrugged their shoulders. From the look in their eyes, they were about to implement a fore trained process with removing me and returning my rifle to the vendor once my voice hit a certain octive or I used buzz words like Tyrants, Unconstitutional, or Fucking bullshit.

Top down change from Voting? Dems have been stealing Oregon elections for 20 years or more. First state to have mail in ballots, and hasn't gone repub since. Might be on the way in the future but don't see it happening anytime soon.

Convince OSP to accept my TX CHL and make the case of how I'm a hero for living in the bay area and this is a timely situation and put a dollar figure on what their delays cost me and explain the federal law to them? I can see the future and it's them saying sorry, the Queue.

Litigation? Not me bud. No justice in the courtroom.

Most of the Oregon LE I've dealt with in the south are salt of the earth good guys. I have to imagine they'll see my side. But there's some invisible lever that will have to be pulled to flush the Queue down the bowl.

Maybe I'll call the Chief of OSP. After I get my rifle of course. Maybe he will brainstorm with me on how to improve this problem?

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Never fear 46and2 is going to fight the Q, he told us all in his farewell speech. Big GrinBig Grin

Posts: 3586 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:

Litigation? Not me bud. No justice in the courtroom.

Well that is truly your only real recourse, so if you're not willing to actually fight for your rights through the courts, then short of violence, you're going to be stuck holding your dick in the Queue.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
Never fear 46and2 is going to fight the Q, he told us all in his farewell speech. Big GrinBig Grin

He gets rid of the Q, in the nature of Dumb and Dumber he would, "TOTALLY REDEEM HIMSELF" Big Grin

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you gotta put your money where your mouth is…

Just had a major ruling in your favor Re:2A

In other news today, 20 year Marine vet has been fighting for six years the right to pray on the football field where he coaches. First amendment reaffirmed once more. I have hope.

~Robert A. Heinlein

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
[QUOTE]

Well that is truly your only real recourse, so if you're not willing to actually fight for your rights through the courts, then short of violence, you're going to be stuck holding your dick in the Queue.

I'm more of a grease the palms kinda guy.

Or get the ear of somebody who can make the difference without being ordered by a Judge. Unfortunately this person is probably top 10 on the Dem donor list in Portland.

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I'm hopeful too. I think this can get fixed, but Oregon is hurting on money and I have 0 pull there.

This is the only place I'm aware of this Q stuff. The fix could be as easy as give the check to the FBI. Can barely get those words outta my mouth.

Maybe other states have the Q too? I could be jaded from being able to bypass the process for the last 15 years I haven't had to do a check.

Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Took me 75 days on a hold for a transfer.... It wasn't until I threatened to have formal criminal complaints written for violating 18 USC section 241 and 18 USC section 242 did they move my transfer along.

There is an attorney who deals with restoring gun rights, and his answer is there isn't much one can do in the situation of a hold in the queue.

Posts: 3567 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
You gotta be kidding me. 75 days? Totally unacceptable.

Seems like this should be an easy fix. Hire 5 more guys. 10 more guys. Give it to the FBI. Otherwise it's being done on purpose seems to me.

Where did you send the complaint? OSP?

edit - Deprivation of rights under the color of law is exactly right.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
75 days, hah, nothing, go buy a suppressor, took one year exactly to the day for a 22 can to be approved. Mad

Nuts, that you can buy the piece that goes BANG! and have to wait for approval, pay taxes on a piece that attaches to the BANG part.

Good luck, think we'll see more of this nationwide in left controlled states, they can't say no but they can make it take forever for them to say when....

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post