SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Democrat lawmaker in Arizona faces 6 child molestation felonies, decades in prison if convicted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Democrat lawmaker in Arizona faces 6 child molestation felonies, decades in prison if convicted Login/Join 
posted
https://justthenews.com/nation...-prison-if-convicted

Arizona state Sen. Otoniel "Tony" Navarrete, a Phoenix Democrat, is facing multiple charges of molestation of a minor that could see him imprisoned for much of the rest of his life if convicted.

The first-term state senator is facing a Class 2 felony molestation of a child, three Class 2 felonies for sexual conduct with a minor, one Class 3 felony for attempted sexual conduct with a minor, and two Class 6 felonies for sexual conduct with a minor. If convicted, he faces a minimum mandatory sentence of 49 years in prison.

Navarrete, a 35-year-old lawmaker who bills himself as “passionate about justice,” was arrested late Thursday after Phoenix police received a tip about sexual conduct with a male minor that occurred in 2019. Interviews with the minor and witnesses gave police probable cause to arrest Navarrete on Thursday night.

“The suspect was arrested and is currently in the process of being booked into jail for multiple counts of sexual conduct with a minor, among other charges,” a news release said.

Navarrete is a co-chair of the Arizona LGBTQ Legislative Caucus. According to his LinkedIn profile, Navarrete’s been the deputy director of Promise Arizona since 2011. The organization's director, however, told 12News that Navarrete hasn’t been on their payroll in years.

Senate Democrats released a statement Friday morning.

“We are deeply disturbed by what we’ve learned from recent media reports about the arrest of Sen. Tony Navarrete,” the release said. “These allegations and arrest are serious and deeply troubling.”

They advocated for victims of sexual abuse to reach out for help.

Navarrete’s colleagues reacted to the news of his arrest.

“I will take the position of innocent until proven guilty,” said Sen. Kelly Townsend, R-Mesa. “However, if it's true, then I don't ever want to lay eyes on you again, [Navarrete]. I pray for your victims and I demand justice be done to its fullest extent.”

Navarrete served one term in the state House of Representatives, beginning in 2016. He was elected to the state Senate in 2018.

His next hearing is scheduled for Aug. 12.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Prisoners have their ethics and particularly loath child molesters. General population for Navarrete is cheapest in the short term. And there'd be no long term.

https://www.azmirror.com/blog/...or-child-sex-crimes/
State. Sen. Otoniel “Tony” Navarrete is facing seven felonies for child sex crimes after allegedly molesting and forcing oral sex on a boy who was 12 or 13 years old at the time and his younger brother. ... In a secretly recorded phone call detailed in the probable cause statement that led to his arrest ...

The police report says the victim, who is now 16 years old, alleges that Navarrete first molested him when he was 12 or 13 ... the boy recalled Navarrete telling him, “Oh I shouldn’t be doing this, this is wrong,” before continuing to allegedly molest the child ...

He is also alleged to have attempted to have sexual contact with the victim’s younger brother, who is now 13 years old.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he is found to be guilty, I hope they throw the book at him!! To molest children is the lowest form of low!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I know what forum we are one and all that, but I just don't see the point in even bothering with what his political leanings are.

Child molesters, democrat or republican needs to be tortured to death.

Some things are bigger than political nonsenses.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Life....in front of a firing squad seems about right if he's convicted.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nix the firing squad it’s too easy & quick.
I’d like to put him in general population for the duration of his sentence. Seems fair.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Under the prison. RFN.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I support chemical castration. This entails dipping the convicts balls in acid until they fall off!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I’d like to put him in general population for the duration of his sentence. Seems fair.
Nope. Do that and we have to house and feed him, and perhaps provide medical services, until some other inmate ends him. The fastest, least expensive, removal from the planet should be standard course of action.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Nope. Do that and we have to house and feed him, and perhaps provide medical services, until some other inmate ends him. The fastest, least expensive, removal from the planet should be standard course of action.

I'll agree with everything except fastest, I kind of want them to suffer.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
I'll agree with everything except fastest, I kind of want them to suffer.
I seek efficiency and expediency in minimizing the taxpayers burden. His level of suffering is irrelevant to me so long as his departure is immediate.

posted Hide Post
The children that he molested(if found guilty) have to live with it their whole life.......I want him to live with prison life at least for a while. I want him to be terrified everyday.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
If he is found guilty, I say let the family deal with him with no repercussions. He ruined those boys lives.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
It sounds like he is Democrat Presidential material.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Putting him in prison is a waste of space and more importantly money.

He deserves nothing less than a bullet the day he is sentenced.

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
People like this are hardwired to do this it can't be fixed. They need to be removed from society one way or the other. Biden, every time I see that clip of him doing that to that little girl I wish I had been on that stage and seen him try to pull that crap. The Secret Service would most certainly had to shoot me.

I think that girl has come out now and said he actually pinched her nipple.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post