SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Four Roses Small Batch. I have never tried it so tonight I picked up a bottle. Might be my favorite.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Tonight is Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (135.6), release #9. ECBP is one of the best values out there in higher end bourbons and can be a tough get. I was lucky enough to find 4 bottles of this release.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
Four Roses Small Batch. I have never tried it so tonight I picked up a bottle. Might be my favorite.

Then, whatever you do, don't try the single barrel. Wink

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
A nice ruby Port

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been drinking Sam Adams Oktoberfest the majority of this fall. Last night, I picked up some Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. I must say I enjoy it a little more than Sam Adams. Good stuff!

Posts: 342 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you like those, give Mother's Octoberfest and Summit Octoberfest a shot. I think Mother's is the best domestic Octoberfest. And Summit is in my Top 3 Domestic Octoberfests, behind Mother's and Sam Adams.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Rasputin was in my glass this evening.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
my last bits of 15yo Wild Turkey 101, the Japanese-only expression.

oh how I wish I could buy it here, or have it shipped in from Japan.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Glenmorangie Original/Rocks.

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
quote:

As a daily dram the small batch is quite adequate.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Booker's. It is finally cool enough at night to enjoy Booker's neat...

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
quote:

As a daily dram the small batch is quite adequate.

even the cheapo Yellow expression is good.

I like the Barrel Strength Single Barrel expression from the OBSV mash the best, being higher in Rye and using the "delicate fruits" yeast (whatever that is).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Old Rasputin was in my glass this evening.

One of my favorite brews, excellent choice !

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple fingers of Crown Royal XO over ice.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
A couple fingers of Crown Royal XO over ice.

How is that in comparison to Black Label???

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 23yr

idem ea dixit

Posts: 1390 | Location: Daphne, AL | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Had a couple fingers of Elmer T. Lee bourbon last night. Nice way to close out an evening. Very smooth!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Knob Creek ...
I have / had a sore throat !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rock Hill Farms. Good pour. I like it better than Blanton"s.

Posts: 1214 | Registered: May 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post