tk13
Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
Hmmm….decisions, decisions?

Why decide? Have one of each.
December 25, 2018, 09:34 PM
Johnny 3eagles
Two fat fingers of Booker's (124.9 proof)with a drop of distilled water.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
December 25, 2018, 10:26 PM
ARman
Well, I was gifted a bottle of Rebel Yell Kentucky straight Bourbon.

It's not all that bad, but the finish is a little weak. There are vanilla, honey, raisin notes.

It's not a top shelf Bourbon, but I have to say I'm surprised by it. My friend isn't a Bourbon drinker and didn't want to spend a lot of money.

I have to say, it's not bad, for a lower end Bourbon.

ARman
December 26, 2018, 09:47 AM
Pipe Smoker
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Two fat fingers of Booker's (124.9 proof)with a drop of distilled water.

I went to an upscale local bar a couple of years ago and ordered a Manhattan. I asked the barkeep which rye he had. He told me that they didn’t have any rye (I was astounded), but I could have any bourbon, and he named the choices. I chose Booker’s, not knowing its potency. The Manhattan was excellent, so I ordered another. When I arose from the barstool I found it difficult to walk. I had walked to the bar, so no DUI, but my walk home was probably amusing to observers.

Serious about crackers
December 26, 2018, 09:56 AM
GregY
My wife asked me to help her finish the OJ that's been in the fridge too long.

So I had a screwdriver after dinner. With Kirkland vodka (the 'American' style). Nothing fancy, just me getting my vitamin C.
December 26, 2018, 10:39 AM
ensigmatic
Our next door neighbour on one side made home-made eggnog and gave us some. Best-tasting eggnog I've ever had. Usually not a fan, but this was tasty. I added some rum from a local distillery.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
December 26, 2018, 11:04 AM
Leeann
Jailbreak Infinite Amber on tap. Yummm...

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more
December 26, 2018, 04:33 PM
GT-40DOC
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Well, I was gifted a bottle of Rebel Yell Kentucky straight Bourbon.

It's not all that bad, but the finish is a little weak. There are vanilla, honey, raisin notes.

It's not a top shelf Bourbon, but I have to say I'm surprised by it. My friend isn't a Bourbon drinker and didn't want to spend a lot of money.

I have to say, it's not bad, for a lower end Bourbon.

ARman

I have consumed my share(and perhaps others share) of that very bourbon. It is an inexpensive bourbon that is better than what the price denotes. I feel sure that I can find a bottle of it in my back bar.
December 26, 2018, 05:29 PM
Watergoat
Used to drink lots of Rebel Yell. It was a lot better back in the 70's when still 90 proof, and sold in half gallon bottles, not the metric ones. I could tell some more interesting tales, but my wife would kill me......Still have that bottle in the back of the cabinet, has maybe an inch left in it. Big Grin
December 26, 2018, 08:39 PM
tatortodd
Paulaner Oktoberfest

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
December 26, 2018, 08:50 PM
Outnumbered

December 26, 2018, 09:34 PM
Jimbo Jones
Always at the ready...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.
December 26, 2018, 09:38 PM
mr kablammo
Belle Meade Cask Strength Reserve, 114.3 proof, Batch 15, Bottle 306. The label discloses that it was distilled in Lawrenceburg, IN. No age statement. Tastes good, reminds me of the Weller Antique 107 on the finish. Its warm not hot, an ice cube would round it out but my cuber is kaput.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
December 27, 2018, 06:13 AM
tk13
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo: The label discloses that it was distilled in Lawrenceburg, IN.

Likely out of the MGP Distillery, aka the old Seagrams. They source many of the bourbons and ryes for the craft distilleries that are still aging and haven't yet bottled their own product.

https://www.cincinnatimagazine...dients-lawrenceburg/
December 29, 2018, 09:25 PM
CWR67
Tonight it is Romana Black Sambuca.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])
December 30, 2018, 12:22 PM
nero
Whatever she's having...

nero

December 30, 2018, 06:33 PM
GrumpyBiker
Having some New Belgium Fat Tire.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

December 30, 2018, 06:44 PM
cne32507
I picked two ripe grapefruit this afternoon and made a Greyhound.
December 30, 2018, 07:08 PM
mr kablammo
Founder's 2017 CBS, it was a bit sweet and thin. A bit of Devil's River Rye soon. Maybe a pour of my father's The Whistler bourbon-olorosa casks whiskey.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
December 30, 2018, 07:48 PM
ugeesta
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Having some New Belgium Fat Tire.

The Belgian White is much better than the regular Fat Tire (IMO). Almost bought some today but picked up Coors Light instead.

Other good New Belgium products are Sunshine Wheat and 1554 Black Lager. Unfortunately, they haven't shipped any out here since they were allowed to market here in OH.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.