SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Well these threads come around from time to time & I suppose it's time again.
I was at my local speciality store in Amish Country and I was talking to the Beer Monger about Stouts & pointed this one out.
He said they just got it in.
It's pretty good !!
So what's in your glass tonight?
Anything new you've come across that you'd recommend?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
DuClaw Serum XX IPA

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Evan Williams

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
Dr. Pepper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Wild Turkey 101 Straight Bourbon. Honestly, I'm fairly novice to the world of the drink and this is my first time trying it. I bought a small bottle of it the other day.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far coffee, Mountain Dew. Soon to be Monster energy maybe more dew and a couple waters. I'm on my third of seven midnight shifts.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Wild Turkey 101 Straight Bourbon. Honestly, I'm fairly novice to the world of the drink and this is my first time trying it. I bought a small bottle of it the other day.

Did you "open it up" with a splash of water?
I went to the Wild Turkey Distillery a couple years ago while touring Kentucky's "Bourbon Trail"!
Try some Woodford Reserve if you want a nice mellow small batch.
Not that Wild Turkey 101 won't get it done or isn't good.
Just an interesting choice if you are a novice to Bourbon.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
A Coke because of what was in my glass last night. Smile

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8785 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
The usual!

Some one ask me at work, What are you doing your 2 days off?
I replied, the usual.

Whats that, he ask.
Well, the first day I'll sleep late, then get up and make a Gallon of Lipton Lemon Ginseng Sweet Tea... Then the 2nd day...
I'll drink it! Thats about it.

And yes here in Tennessee, many of us like a little tea in out sugar water!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aces an Eights
Picture of SC_Mike
posted Hide Post
Water. Spent the day putting up gates and fences and hunting coyotes.

______________________________V_____________________________

Pugnabo liber maneat.

Posts: 11378 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice jlemmy. All the Yeti series from Great Divide are incredible.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makers 46

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Nicely done ulsterman, 46 is one of my favorites. It's crown royal on the rocks for me tonight though.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Arizona Southern Style Sweet Tea. I cannot remember the last time I had an alcoholic beverage.

Grumpy - cheating on the Samuel Adams?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Did you "open it up" with a splash of water?
I went to the Wild Turkey Distillery a couple years ago while touring Kentucky's "Bourbon Trail"!
Try some Woodford Reserve if you want a nice mellow small batch.
Not that Wild Turkey 101 won't get it done or isn't good.
Just an interesting choice if you are a novice to Bourbon.

I am a novice; This was just one of a handful of small-ish bottles I bought so I could try them out. I honestly don't know what I like yet and I definitely don't know many ways, methods, techniques, or "the right way" to drink various alcohols. it's all Experimentation, I suppose.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
Glenlivit 12
Nice and refreshing for warm evenings like tonight.

I always add a splash of water and probably always will. I think it allows the flavors to "breathe".

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Almaden merlot.

Posts: 2715 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
New Crown XO! Pretty good!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post