SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cooks/Bakers - Best Mixer?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cooks/Bakers - Best Mixer? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I understand that for some a "refurbished" product can make them nervous.

I was told by a quality manager years ago-

Many things "new" are quality "sampled".
Which means that often they only fully check/test every 50th or 100th (or every higher) pieces in production.
Not every piece/product is fully tested in many cases. "New" often doesn't mean what it used to-

"Remanufactured" means they check 100%, and it still has a full warranty. I've bought a number of Apple and other products that were remanufactured that never gave a problem.
(One had a small scratch and Apple gave $200 bucks off-).

(As dsiets mentioned, sometimes a remanufactured tag can be a result of cosmetic or missing piece during production).

I agree with this. But it depends..... If I see a site like WOOT that has 2,000 refurbished ACER xyz laptops, then you know those laptops had an initial issue with them, otherwise there wouldn't be so many refurbished ones for sale...... other cases it's the odd person that simply bought it, returned it 2 days later with nothing wrong with it. ANd yes, it can be perfectly fine once refurbished.....you just don't know.

If the OP is running a commercial bakery or using it 10 hours a week, a mixer of better quality than your standard $400 mixer is probably a justified expenditure.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Our Bosch Universal mixer has been rebuilt once in the 37 years we've owned it and has kneaded thousands of loaves of bread. The hook comes from the center of the bowl, not from above, hence the dough never climbs the hook.
Would strongly recommend looking at the Bosch.

Amazon link

Read the reviews at the link, especially from former Kitchenaid owners.

This is my next one, our 600 ka is on its second set of gears.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post