SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Made in USA grain mill?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made in USA grain mill? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Does anyone here use a hand-powered, made in USA grain mill for grinding wheat etc? I'm looking for something that will survive the apocalypse and keep on going. Any recommendations?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Country Living while not cheap is US made.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I have a couple vintage clamp on meat grinders with two different sized attachments (coarse and fine). These are pretty easy to find at garage sales and are cheap. The vintage ones are made in USA but the new knock-off ones are probably made overseas.

I have used this for grinding wheat, meat and vegetables. For wheat, the fine attachment makes a coarse grind but still usable.

For grinding wheat finer, I use a vintage hand cranked wooden coffee mill. Though still a rougher bread texture, this works well. If want even a finer wheat, I use a sifter.

Again, this is a vintage mill made in the USA whereas the knock-offs are problem from overseas. These vintage mills can be found at garage sales or antique stores too.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
When in doubt check with the Amish:

Link to Lehmans

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
When in doubt check with the Amish:

Link to Lehmans

+1

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the Country Living grain mill. Solid as a rock and can be converted to be electric propelled with a direct drive motor and a V-belt.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The Grainmaker Model 116. Made in Montana. Not cheap, but definitely heirloom quality.

https://grainmaker.com/product...n-mill-model-no-116/

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8219 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post