SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "man held on $1 million bond after police find machine gun, 350 pounds of pot"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"man held on $1 million bond after police find machine gun, 350 pounds of pot" Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
Big news in our neck of the woods this week when a fellow was arrested at his very nice 17,000 square foot house on 30 acres with a big cache of dope, a "machine gun" and other "heavy weaponry" (link)

Naturally, I assumed that the media was exaggerating about the weapons. That is, until the next day when the follow up story had pictures. For a change, the reporter got it right.

That certainly is a machine gun.

Posts: 6567 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Dang, I figured "machine gun" would be some .45 or 9mm. .50 BMG?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
nice ma deuce and suppressed machine pistol. Why is the bond only $1 million?

BTW, if I owned a 17,000 sq foot house they still would not have found all of the gun safes the next day.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
More info:
http://www.nwherald.com/2017/0...ley-mansion/aj3o9zg/

This excerpt certainly takes away my $1M concern:
quote:
This came after motions filed by prosecutors to prevent anyone from posting their bond until the source of the funds was determined to be legitimate. Funds tied to drug trafficking or other criminal or illegal source cannot be used to post bond.

Also, I thought it was interesting that 30 acres and a 17,000 sq ft house was only $800,000.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CoolRich Thanks for posting. My niece lives close by and said there was a lot of activity in the area. I wonder if he played tennis in his spare time, noticed the large tennis bag and the courts.

I guess the drug business can be profitable. I am assuming he will be able to afford quality representation. I wonder who turned on him and whether he will survive to trial.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Cartel is going to be pissed.

Posts: 1982 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that's what I call a SHTF stash.

--------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent some time looking around. Using a local criminal defense firm, kind of surprising. Their motto is THEY WILL FIGHT TO THE FINAL BELL. Somehow I think they are going to face an early knockout from the Feds. The link for the firm is golden, Saul Goodman would be proud.

http://www.notguilty4you.com/

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Aint gonna run very long on single can of ammo. You KNOW how the popo loves a photo-op, I figure if there was more ammo/cans we'd see it (they're showing one full of who knows what.) So you think it's a semi auto?

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
All that money and he's got Winchester White Box in the ammo can?!?

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
They aren't sure the 50BMG and Cobray are functional. They weren't charged with it.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They aren't sure the 50BMG and Cobray are functional

How hard is it to tell?

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prosecutors are moving to seize a $1.6 million Bull Valley mansion

quote:
17,000-square-foot home set on more than 30 acres

Hmmm, seem cheap for all that real estate. Confused

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
350 pounds is a buttload.

The pile shown here is 60lbs of trimmed buds, for reference (semi famous photo in those circles):

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Deuce could be a semi-auto and the hysterical reporters wouldn't know the difference. It would probably take the cops a while to figure it out too.

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The deputy is rocking a Springfield XD. WTF?

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Probably got some mattresses with the 'Do Not Remove This Tag' tags missing too. Book em Dano.

Posts: 6592 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lotta guys carry the XD. A buddy dumped his Glock in favor of a XD. What's wrong with them?

Posts: 5787 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
The Deuce could be a semi-auto and the hysterical reporters wouldn't know the difference. It would probably take the cops a while to figure it out too.

Was going to say the same thing. "Machine gun," yeah right. I don't believe it until I see it shoot.

We have a member here who has a Ma Deuce, and I believe it's only semi auto.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post