SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here it is...senate bill no. 16...if passed and signed into law Virginia will be the most restrictive firearms state in the nation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here it is...senate bill no. 16...if passed and signed into law Virginia will be the most restrictive firearms state in the nation Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted
In Virginia, the last session of the 2019 general assembly was today. It is generally used to thank people for their service, etc, and to prefile bills and motions that will then be offered on the first day of the new session of the general assembly in January of next year

As many know, in the most recent election, Democrats gained control of the house and senate to go along with governor blackface

Here is the bill prefiled today

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-b...604.exe?201+sum+SB16

Along with some other bills

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-b...p604.exe?201+lst+ALL

Some highlights:

1). Anything defined as an assault weapon is illegal to own, possess, transfer, etc. this includes threaded barrels. And shotguns with a pistol grip or a tube that holds more than 7 shells. And suppressors. And pretty much any center fire rifle that is magazine fed.

2). There is NO grandfather clause

3). You have until the new code takes effect on 7/1/20 to move out of state, turn in, render inoperable or destroy any of the prohibited weapons. Possession of anything after that date is a class 6 felony punishable by no less than 1 year but no more than 5 years. For each count. Any mandatory minimum will be served consecutively with any convictions of other counts. So if you have 5 AR-15s you could conceivably go to jail for 25 years

4). All magazine over 10 rounds are banned

5). Did I mention no grandfather clause?

If you’re a gun owner in this state and voted for a democrat or didn’t vote at all, fuck you very much

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevbo,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sickening!

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Anytime some dumbass tries to argue for "common sense guns laws" this is what they are pushing for. Not the watered down bullshit they act like we can all get along with. If this passes I hope those trying to collect/steal firearms from law abiding citizens wake up each day truly wondering if they will make it home.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They seem to be using the California definitions to outlaw ARs. They've even got wording to capture 'firearms'.

Can't believe New Jersey would have more permissive laws.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
That is frightening

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If they pass it, it will be very interesting to see how VA gun owners will comply/not comply. And, how they (the VA gov) will enforce it. And, how the lawmen will act or not act.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
We need some form of 'firearms purgatory' for these firearms. Some one in a gun friendly state should open a climate controlled storage unit for Virginia folks to send their firearms to be stored until this blows over.

Maybe this could be done for SIGforum members somehow.

It would need to be secured and insured to the max for protection from theft or other hazards.

A person could "rent" space in this storage unit like you would a safety deposit box.

I could even set something like this up if it passed legal inspection.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Infuriating to say the least. These bastards.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
If it passes I imagine it would be years before SCOTUS would hear the case if they even did. Scary stuff.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think there is little to stop such restrictions.

There was recently another ‘sanctuary County’ in the news out West. That is where a Sheriff announced he wouldn’t support anti-gun laws.

Is it possible a ‘sanctuary county’(or 3) will slow things down in more rural VA?

Posts: 6161 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can move with a suppressor, but sending it to a "sanctuary" for storage out of state would likely constitute an unlawful transfer.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This should be publicized by the Republicans as an example to other states. I hope northern VA is overrun with wild pigs.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if the Democrats win the Senate and the White house in 2020,they will run roughshod over the entire nation.

It has become abundantly clear that the Democrats are on a war front like nothing we have ever seen before in our history. Ordinary people better wise up quickly or our nation will never be the same,if it even survives.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
As the Demotards ALWAYS do when they disagree with something, couldn’t the Republicans file a federal injunction for a “stay” should this even pass?

Might not be using legal terms correctly, but y’all get my point...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I think there is little to stop such restrictions.

There was recently another ‘sanctuary County’ in the news out West. That is where a Sheriff announced he wouldn’t support anti-gun laws.

Is it possible a ‘sanctuary county’(or 3) will slow things down in more rural VA?

Several counties have already passed sanctuary resolutions and more are on the agenda.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
There is a move in several counties in VA to be declared a firearms sanctuary county.

I believe a few counties have already passed laws and several more are investigating it including the county where I live.

VACDL has more information on it.

EDIT- sorry I didn’t see it has already been posted.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
wondering how the sanctuary measures will work,
since VA has a law on the books saying that any law passed must be passed by the State Gov't , not local Gov'ts,

that law was put in place to prevent cities and counties from enacting more strict gun laws , and to keep the State consistent,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I could not find the bill that changed the law to make possession a felony. Only transfers, seemed to be effected.

Do you guys know which HB or SB it was?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by opticsguy:
This should be publicized by the Republicans as an example to other states. I hope northern VA is overrun with wild pigs.

It is.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
wondering how the sanctuary measures will work,
since VA has a law on the books saying that any law passed must be passed by the State Gov't , not local Gov'ts, that law was put in place to prevent cities and counties from enacting more strict gun laws , and to keep the State consistent,

Who cares? Once Sanctuary laws start being passed, the rule of law is pretty much over.

The Leftists do it with illegals, so we should do whatever we want with firearms.

Fuck Va "State Law", it is meaningless.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post