SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A word to all the divorced dads out there......
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A word to all the divorced dads out there...... Login/Join 
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted
Don't give up. Never give up on your kids. I say this because after trying for 5 years to successfully co-parent with a unstable ex-wife I'd had enough. Today I took her back to court and won custody of our 9 year son.

Tonight I will sleep knowing my little boy is in my home and will stay here. I've been fighting off tears all day and I'm done fighting.

Don't give up Dads. We matter.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Congrats on you victory, I am in the boat that you just escaped from.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Good for you Man!

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It must be a super happy day in the nodonut household.

Happy Father's Day a month early!!!

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tonight I will sleep knowing my little boy is in my home and will stay here.

Good for you.
I'm sure you are the best thing for him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Congrats man.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Good job.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both of you.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
What a blessing. I'm in a similar situation. Our court system here in IA is a tragedy. 7 times she was on the stand and without hesitation told the judge she wasn't sure she could provide for and protect my 3 children while with her. He rescinded my temp custody placement order that day. All I can do is pray because the limited resources I had have long since dried. It's heartbreaking, but I'm so happy to hear that you have your son. Amen.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, hope it works out for you and him.

I got custody right away. He was 5 then. Later when he was 17 I punished him for something and he had his mom petition to take custody and since he wanted it, it was cut and dried. She kept him until my child support stopped when he turned 18 and then she moved him out.

She never paid child support or even gave any monetary support for him for the first 17 years of his life, but I had to pay for 1 year when she got him.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the anti-male attitude of family courts, I can imagine how tough this was for you.
Congrats!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Congradulations! Seventeen years ago next week I got sole legal and physical custody of my three kids.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1748 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
good for you congratulations

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers, and yes, keep being a parent.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Excellent outcome man! Congrats.

Posts: 6039 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very happy for you

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
After 7 years of married to the kids mom, she left. Wanted out, kids or not. She wrote that. KEEP THINGS LIKE THIS. We settled into joint with ex as primary on the little kid who was 4.5 y.o. at the time. Other kid was bigger and a step daughter to me. For about a year both kids went back and forth in the usual way. But I actually had them more than half the time. KEEP RECORDS ON THINGS LIKE THAT. A shrink I saw predicted I would eventually have both back sooner or later. I went back to court and got full custody of the little one and the step daughter came not long after at the request of her mom. That wasn't totally to keep the kids together. The step d is a love of my life despite the step thing.
I raised them thru college and now they are 37 and 40 years old and doing fine. I had wonderful help from special people too, my mother and a couple other very special ladies.

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! And kudos to you for sticking in there for your son!

quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
Don't give up. Never give up on your kids. I say this because after trying for 5 years to successfully co-parent with a unstable ex-wife I'd had enough. Today I took her back to court and won custody of our 9 year son.

Tonight I will sleep knowing my little boy is in my home and will stay here. I've been fighting off tears all day and I'm done fighting.

Don't give up Dads. We matter.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Good for you,I was not so lucky with mine,paying that support and rarely getting them on my scheduled time.
Long time age and that still pisses me off.
Hope you can get the court to make her pay some support also

Posts: 22420 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post