SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What product shortages are we seeing already?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What product shortages are we seeing already? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Primers? If you do not have those, this is probably not the time to stock up. I have not seen them anywhere close to retail prices (or even in stock) in a long time.

TP, paper towels and Clorox wipes are the missing items here. You can find Clorox though.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
One additional thought to my earlier comments; although I haven't noticed any current shortage of these items, I would suggest stocking up on both prescription meds and vitamins.

I started rationing both my prescription meds and multi-vitamins a couple years ago just on the chance that some event(s) would lead to shortages of these items and now have a small surplus stash.

Yes, technically, the prescription meds are expired, but I'll take my chances with expired meds rather than no meds. Depending on how long humans have to go without the niceties/ necessities that we have become accustomed to, survival is hard work, and many of us will have difficulties performing these tasks, made even more difficult if we face pain or incapacitation from medical issues. As far as the vitamins go, the human body can go far longer without food than most people realize if it can overcome the nutritional deficiencies.

Either having a supply of water or the means to filter and store water that you obtain yourself isn't a bad idea either.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Relationships and experiences with your loved ones. If you’re gonna survive the apocalypse might as well have something to live for.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2246 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I have not seen Lysol disinfectant aerosol spray on a shelf since March.

Rather than get new guns (which are pretty much impossible to find here in CA), I'm directing some of my money on parts and upkeep--replacing springs and night sights on my handguns, assembling a spare bolt carrier group for my AR, laying in on some fresh CR123 and LR4 batteries for weapon lights and optics.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
All stocked up on seething rage but need a bit more of this commodity...

quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Bitter resolve.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Attitude

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Get a haircut while you can.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Gasoline (I know thats easier said than done). Biden won't "stop" fracking he will regulate it to death.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Our girl took care of us during the quarantine . LONG time family friend .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're from the south , just prepare for back to back hurricanes and you'll have it covered .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm good on just about everything here. Need to pick up some extra toothpaste and deodorant, maybe some soap and shampoo just to be safe. Costco is sold out of paper goods and grocery stores only have generic brands or 4 packs of name brand and both are nearly gone.

The biggest thing I'm kicking myself over is when I was out of work last lockdown, I didn't buy a friend's PCC. He was dying of cancer and I could have scored a really nice and upgraded PCC as well as have a permanent memory of him. I'm evenore upset I didn't get to see him before he passed.

Stock up on time with loved ones and friends.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

That and a set of hair clippers.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rubbing alcohol is hard to find. You can pour some on a container of baby wipes to make hand sanitizer wipes.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Anything you use on a regular basis that doesn't expire quickly.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We gave this a try. TP. Quality product, fair price. 50 roll package.

https://us.whogivesacrap.org/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 252 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I watch the news while I eat breakfast. This morning the Fox channel Cincinnati threw up a slide and said Walmart announced they are running low on toilet paper, etc. Not planning to go to WM, but this might be good for their traffic.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Anything that might be outlawed. I just purchased Mossberg Shockwave just because. Have not use for it, but have wanted it and now is the time before the ATF goes nuts. Stocked up on Gas, Guns, Grits, and Ammo. I really don’t need another weapon and am set in other areas. Going to build in some more power independence this year...

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
At this point, my pantry is continuously being stocked and items replaced as they are consumed. Grocery runs are only for half-n-half, mushrooms, avocados and meat and butter. No alcohol but coffee is always a limiting factor requiring monthly restocking. 90-100 percent chocolate keeps that craving at bay. No sugar but enough almond flour, eggs, coconut oil and Swerve for baking. Hard cheeses that keep. And finally, popcorn, lots of popcorn.

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The toilet paper and paper towel panic is back on. This is stupid. Wife and I are pretty well stocked but daughter not so much.

I'm a part-time courier so am out and about and travel pretty good distances.

My wife went to our local Sam's and they were cleaned out. I stopped at another Sam's and they had paper towels only.

I stopped at a BJs and they had lots of both. The Sams across the street had zip.

If you have Ingles grocery near you, they have Ray-O-Vac alkaline batteries in all sizes for 98 cents for 4-packs for the whole month (that's what they told me).

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Rubbing alcohol is hard to find. You can pour some on a container of baby wipes to make hand sanitizer wipes.
Could you improvise with Vodka ? It's mainly water and ethanol .