SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Adobe Flash Player
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adobe Flash Player Login/Join 
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted
Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I'm thinking that I read somewhere that there are security concerns with this product.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They try to patch it. But it is vulnerable. Honestly, it’s so old, I can’t think of a reason to use it. To put it in perspective as to how obsolete it is, it won’t run on iOS.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
It will be obsolete in December 2020.

Posts: 5074 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Flash is, and has always been, quite possibly the most execrable POS software the world has ever seen. My advice is do not install.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
posted Hide Post
I think it somehow deleted all of my passwords saved in my IOS keychain.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:
I think it somehow deleted all of my passwords saved in my IOS keychain.

Seems unlikely, to me, but I have to ask: You asked about the wisdom of installing Flash. Three people suggested it was either pointless or a bad idea. And you did it, anyway?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
posted Hide Post
No, ensigmatic, I didn't. Here's what happened...

I was doing some online banking earlier this evening and I noticed that I can get up to 7 years of bank statements but I would need to download Adobe which I did. I viewed a few statements and went on about my business.

Later I went to check my email and it ask for a password...I thought that was strange. After that, every website I went to ask for a password. I went to Safari, Preferences and clicked on the Password tab and all of my stored passwords were gone...that's when I came to lounge for some input.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Hate to say it, but it sounds like maybe you got owned. Could also be installing Flash merely screwed up Safari.

posted Hide Post
Are you sure you download from Adobe? Lots of bad things can happen with fake versions of the plugin.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
posted Hide Post
Question For Apple techies:

What steps would one take to intentionally delete all stored passwords at one time? And wouldn't one expect to see a warning pop up and ask if you're sure you want to do this?

Safari/Preferences/Passwords/???????

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17

Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
First, did you store your passwords in "Keychain?"

Try this.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post