SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Birthday USCG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday USCG Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
Founded in 1790, the USCG is 231 years old today.

Happy Birthday shipmates.

Semper Paratus

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11304 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday my Coastie brethren!

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday USCG!

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Coasties.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The best part of growing up in a USCG family besides being a kid and being allowed into an airbase was when my father was stationed at Air Station Barbers Point. Our family won the beachfront housing lottery. Amazing memories!

Happy Birthday USCG!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
although I only did a 4 year tour 1979-1983,
It was one of my best experiences. learned a trade TT2 (telephone technician) and make friends for life.

USCG Galveston
USCG Institute (Oklahoma)
TRACEN Governors Island,NY
USCG Group Astoria

Posts: 378 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The best part of growing up in a USCG family besides being a kid and being allowed into an airbase was when my father was stationed at Air Station Barbers Point. Our family won the beachfront housing lottery. Amazing memories!

Happy Birthday USCG!

Oahu was nice way back when, wasn't it?

When I first was stationed there, the International Marketplace had only 10 stalls and one of them was Crazy Shirts, probably the only one of the 10 that's still in existence.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Semper Paratus!

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Happy 231st Birthday!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2543 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday.

I saw a demo from their HITRON once. Great shooting from a helo.

Posts: 7022 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Shipmates. Served from 1976-80. Crossed the International Date Line and joined the "Domain of the Golden Dragons." Semper Paratus my fellow Coasties.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post