SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why are men genetically predisposed to screw up every package they try to wrap?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are men genetically predisposed to screw up every package they try to wrap? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Women are born with two extra chromosomes. One allows them to wrap packages. The other is for packing suitcases.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are men genetically predisposed to screw up every package they try to wrap?

We have thumbs...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
That is why God invented these:

Boom, done. Wink

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I learned how to properly wrap back as a Cub Scout. I still use that instruction when I wrap, but I do what I can to have my wife do it all. She likes doing it anyway.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I'm actually fairly good at wrapping gifts. Not something I get to do much of these days, though--no one to buy for.

flashguy

Sounds like we need to put some thought into a Sigforum Secret Santa exchange.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Wife jokes that it's easy to tell which gifts I wrapped because the job is not department store gift wrap level. I don't care. If the stripes line up great if one corner is bent no big deal. I've threatened to put gifts in paper bags and staple them shut.

I’ve done just that and used the funny papers for stuffing instead of colored tissue paper.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
My gift wrapping looks like someone wadded up paper around something and went to taping. At least no ones opening them to peak! They could never replicate my work.

+1

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Because we just really care?

It’s gonna be ripped up anyway.

It’s like me building a beautiful house, and then having someone run into it with a wrecking ball. Yeah, it’s exactly like that.
You obviously did not grow up in the 1930s and 40s in a household that didn't have a lot of money. We did not "rip up" wrappings on packages, but very carefully undid it all so that the paper could be saved and reused. We were good enough at it that some pieces of paper were used several seasons. (Overuse of tape was avoided, too--it made deconstruction more difficult.) To this day I do not rip the wrappings off a decorated package, but carefully undo it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
deconstruction

Exactly.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
quote:
deconstruction

Exactly.
"Deconstruction" and "destruction" are not synonymous. I hope you recognize the difference.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post