SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Injecting politics in to non political threads ( for the fourth dam time)
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Injecting politics in to non political threads ( for the fourth dam time) Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The hell with Bendable, he's so damn sensitive. Now we can't even name our president without him getting all offended. He should toughen up and accept the good with the bad.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'll be damned (or is it dammed?) if I can suss out what thread it is to which bendable is referring.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I'll be damned (or is it dammed?) if I can suss out what thread it is to which bendable is referring.
It's me. Frown
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...090082764#7090082764
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
The urban dictionary just sits around and makes crap up
A perfect job for disgraced politicians.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It's me. Frown
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...090082764#7090082764
quote:
The urban dictionary just sits around and makes crap up
A perfect job for disgraced politicians.

Srsly?

1. That was your thread, not bendable's. 2. Referring to that as "injecting politics" would be like calling a passing lawyer joke in a thread "injecting legalities."

(Btw: "Disgraced" was an unnecessary adornment, IMO Wink.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Dam! What were we talking about agin?
I can add another--Bartlett Dam, Arizona, where I was born: Bartlett Dam.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you az4783054, and. 12131, nice catch . Everyone who has to have politics, knows 11 websites, seven TV stations and 5 blogs to go to,. For those of us that are no where that! Interested, we come here to get away from it. I don't think that it's too much to ask.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54667 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
The hell with Bendable, he's so damn sensitive. Now we can't even name our president without him getting all offended. He should toughen up and accept the good with the bad.

You mean like a Biden gaffe? Eek > Smile

Posts: 22926 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I hate it when politicians and dams get together

0bummer at Hoover Dam

Michigan Congressional Delegation Tours Brandon Road Lock and Dam

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23293 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those here, who's life is politics
Its turning in to a political shit fest again,

Injecting the wrong words in to non-political threads -- I don't appreciate it.

Posts: 7879 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:

Injecting the wrong words in to non-political threads -- I don't appreciate
and that's why they put the little " hide post" button in the upper right corner . itt.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54667 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:

Injecting the wrong words in to non-political threads -- I don't appreciate it.

"Who's" is a contraction of "who" and "is."
Example: "Who's going to clean up this mess?"

"Whose" is the possessive version of the word, "who."
Example: "Whose lives are consumed by politics?"

"It's" is a contraction of "it" and "is."
Example: "It's turning into a political shit fest again."

"Its" is a possessive form of the word, "it."
Example: "Here's bendable's point: Bendable thinks it's not the forum's agenda to be all about politics all of the time. Its agenda is to be much more all inclusive than just politics."

But, some of us grammar nazis get a warped kick out of teasing others - not meaning to be offensive. Smile

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10707 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[that's why they put the little " hide post" button in the upper right corner

An excellent point, which I may find useful down the road.

Please feel free to use this feature as necessary when you find discussions related to politics/diction/whatever occur in threads initiated by Woodman/you/whomever.

Posts: 7879 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Are non sequiturs okay?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What did the fish say when he swam into a wall?

Dam!

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think that it's too much to ask.

No, but it may be too much to ask somebody to not inject politics into a non-political thread when it was their thread too start with and what they injected wasn't actually political. (Assuming woodman was correct in answer to my query.)