SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Postal Service announces first-ever scratch and sniff stamp with popsicle scent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Postal Service announces first-ever scratch and sniff stamp with popsicle scent Login/Join 
posted
Yeah it is not from the ONION. I was just hoping to get my packages delivered in a timely fashion. I am sure this will make tons of money for the post office. I cannot wait to see the lines of seven year olds buying these stamps to send to their pen pals all over the world. What are they thinking?

Ah, the sweet smells of summer: freshly cut grass, barbeque on a grill, the beach and suntan lotion. Now add stamps to that list.

The U.S. Postal Service said Monday that it will issue its first-ever scratch-and-sniff stamps that will aim to evoke the sweet scent of summer. The 10 different stamp designs each feature a watercolor illustration of two different ice pops on a stick.

There will be one scent for all of the stamps and the secret smell will be unveiled when the Postal Service issues the stamps on June 20, according to U.S. Postal Service public relations representative Mark Saunders.

While the scent hasn’t been revealed yet, the press release mentions several different flavors: “In recent years, frozen treats containing fresh fruit such as kiwi, watermelon, blueberries, oranges and strawberries have become more common. In addition, flavors such as chocolate, root beer and cola are also popular.”

More: Celebrities honored with commemorative postage stamps

More: Awesome new eclipse Forever stamp morphs when you touch it

The stamps feature the work of artist Margaret Berg of Santa Monica, Calif., and were designed by U.S. Postal Service art director Antonio Alcalá and designer Leslie Badani.

The day-of-issue dedication ceremony will be held at Austin’s Thinkery Children’s Museum on June 20 at 6 p.m. CT.

The frozen treat forever stamps will be issued as a booklet of 20 stamps.

Celebrate the snowy season wherever you are.

LINK: www.usatoday.com/story/money/n...mp-summer/629469002/

Posts: 17307 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't they.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

Sure are...must have got the idea from the old Penthouse magazines! Big Grin

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post

I'm cool with this. Smile

Sky's the limit. Hoppes 40, new car smell, freshly baked bread....

Posts: 15049 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Maude: I call them my oderifics. - Harold and Maude

Posts: 4821 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they'll do this one? Razz

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2049 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just wait until they honor Larry Flynt

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107859 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Hmm.... Now the USPS will stink on purpose. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Or Madonna...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15657 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Or Madonna...

Yeah, it could go off the rails real fast.

"Support the Homeless"
"56th Anniversary of the First Taco Bell"

Posts: 15049 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for the cannabis commemoration stamp Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4340 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

Scratching the bottom of the barrel, they are.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
They're great at developing solutions to problems that didn't exist.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They're great at developing solutions to problems that didn't exist.

Good point. Now they can hear complaints about the scents they did not include.

Posts: 17307 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
Perhaps they'll do this one? Razz

Looks almost exactly like my Siberian kitty. And if it's of her then it's already a scratch n sniff as Siberians are Hypoallergenic and don't make the protein for you to be allergic to or to smell like a cat. She smells about like unscented dryer lint.

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post