SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Frequent flyers: Is SeatGuru no longer current? Updated Sep 10, 2023
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frequent flyers: Is SeatGuru no longer current? Updated Sep 10, 2023 Login/Join 
posted
https://www.seatguru.com/

I just used their contact page to send them an article from The Points Guy about new seating on the 767-400. Here's the reply from Trip Advisor support:

Thank you for your interest in SeatGuru. Currently we are not making additional updates to our content on the site and are unable to provide other support. -SeatGuru

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SeatGuru says

As of September 2021 attempting to contact the site via "Contact Me" to update seat maps results in the reply "Thank you for your interest in SeatGuru. Currently we are not making additional updates to our content on the site and are unable to provide other support. -SeatGuru"

I'm not sure what's going on, maybe it's only their contact page.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I've used them a number of times and found their info to be up to date and accurate but perhaps they're going away. Hope not as they don't seem to have any competition whatsoever.

There was an app called GateGuru that was absolutely the best airline traveler itinerary app I'd ever used and it went away around 4 years ago. Don't know if the two were connected or not.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Aww man. I hope seatguru is still around. It was valuable in picking flights and seats.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 2007 SeatGuru was aquired by Trip Advisor, which is owned by Expedia. I know back then, there was some grumbling that things would change They survived the economic downturn in 2008-9, yet, in 2011 they were spinoff with Trip Advisor and it seems they've not applied many resources to the site.

I read up on aeroLOPA and they seem to have picked-up where SeatGuru left-off. Both sites I wished had listing of which seat had the modem for each row restricting their under-seat area.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I flew around Thanksgiving and found there their seating maps were not correct. Can not remember what plane it was but one way was a very new version and flight back was an older version both were incorrect.

First time I've had that problem and I use SeatGuru several times a year. It will suck if they are not updating it anymore.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

..I read up on aeroLOPA and they seem to have picked-up where SeatGuru left-off...

That link has good diagrams, but I wish it included the info notes like SeatGuru has/had.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found another site that's similar to aeroLOPA, but neither one matches SeatGuru.

https://seatmaps.com/

posted Hide Post
Here's an article that promotes aerolopa.com

aeroLOPA: Best Website For Airplane Seat Maps
Ben Schlappig
Published: 10 hours ago

I’m going to be writing a series of posts about some of the tools and services I most use for managing my travel and points. While I often mention these websites and services in passing, I’ve never written dedicated posts about them, so that’s what I’m trying to do now.

In this post I wanted to talk about aeroLOPA, which I consider to be the best website for reviewing airline seat maps and picking the best seats.

In this post:

The sad decline of SeatGuru

If you’ve traveled by plane with any frequency, you probably know that not all airplane seats are created equal, even within the same cabin. Everyone has different preferences, and when it comes to airplane seating arrangements, knowledge is power...

Complete article:

https://onemileatatime.com/guides/aerolopa/

The comments, however, point out some issues with aeroPLAN. I sure we had SeatGuru back when they kept it up.