SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cafe and Diner adventures: Post Yours!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cafe and Diner adventures: Post Yours! Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted

The "Hell and High Water" T-Bone cafe is my favorite cafe. If it were real, I'd drive to Coleman and order a T-Bone medium-rare. I'm sure we have plenty of funny stories about cafes and diners. No hotsy-totsy white table cloth joints with fancy-dancy waiters allowed. Here's mine:

Wife & I were driving back from New Orleans late one night. We stopped at a BBQ joint in Mobile that advertised "open all night". The wife was asleep in the car, so I went in alone & sat down. Red-checked oil-cloth table cloths and a faux western theme. Skinny middle-aged waitress come over and asked, "How ya feelin' tonight?" I replied OK but tired. She replied that she was "Feelin' peachy" and then said "You know what peaches feel like, don'cha?" I went along. "Well, they're fuzzy on the outside and warm and juicy on the inside." The BBQ was tasteless also.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
1976? Midway Lodge, Salcha, Alaska (Richardson Hwy)(east of Fairbanks) on a Saturday early summer evening wife and I were eating a meal when the building as buzzed by 2 old school bush type airplanes with multiple passes at tree top level. After the planes landed on the blacktop highway and taxied into the parking lot the pilots came into the resturant and sat down at a table ordered coffee/meal and using the relief facilities. Less than 5 minutes after landing of the planes a Alaska State Trooper car pulled in and the Trooper entering the resturant looking for the pilots. They identified themselves . Trooper asked for reason for landing on the state hwy and pilots replied that they had been flying for several hours/ needed a potty break/ and still had several hours flying time left. To the pilots suprise the trooper sat down and joined them for coffee them as he left wishing them a safe flight. Only in Alaska. Plus the food was always pretty good. ..................................... drill sgt.

school

Posts: 2013 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post