SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Festival of Bacon! - Groveland, Florida Father's Day Weekend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Festival of Bacon! - Groveland, Florida Father's Day Weekend Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Hi all Central Floridians!

The Festival of Bacon will be held in Groveland, Florida on Saturday, June 19 and Sunday June 20.

The website is here: https://festivalofbacon.net/

One of the beneficiaries of the festival, FAITH Neighborhood Center, an organization which I support professionally and personally, is committed to feeding and educating the working poor, and food insecure here in South Lake County. Last year, FAITH served over 50,000 residents, and distributed over $2.2 million in free food.

If you want to get out, have a good time, and EAT SOME BACON!!!! come see us.

I am not associated in any way with the festival itself.

Thanks.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
My antivirus sw flagged that link for PUP software. Just an FYI.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Mine did the same McAfee said

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll let the organizer's know.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to the Lake County website. It gives a little information.

CAUTION: It also contains a link to the allegedly infected website. I did not click on that one.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have fun, I'll be Alaska!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The Festival of Bacon has been cancelled for the time being.

Statement from the Org I support...

quote:
"FAITH Neighborhood Center has been notified that the Festival of Bacon will not occur at Lake Catherine Blueberry Farm on Father’s Day weekend, 2021, as planned.

We were honored to be selected as a supported organization by the festival. And, we were excited to have the opportunity to educate our community about our mission to Feed and Instruct The Hungry.

If you would like to learn more about FAITH Neighborhood Center or get involved, please visit us at www.fnclake.org.

For specific questions regarding the event, ticketing, refunds, or other event inquiries, please reach out to the organizer directly.