SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many TV's do you have in your home?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many TV's do you have in your home? Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Two, and we don't really use them anymore. No kids around and there's a lot of things that are better to watch then the traditional crap.
I turn them on about every six months to see if they still function. Otherwise, we watch anything video related on our I-pads.
Solves the question, what do you want to watch tonight, and resulting discussion.
We save a lot on electricity each month too.

Posts: 9565 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Only 1.

We wanted to have control over what our children watched, so we only had one TV.
Since they are grown we have talked about getting one for our bedroom but we've decided we would rather read.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
3 total.

ancient 60" 3d plasma in the living room that never gets used. Last time it was used was whenever Avengers (the first one) in 3D came out on blue-ray. I should probably turn it on to make sure it still works.

42" LED in my daughter's room for her PS4 and I have a 65" LED for my xbox series x.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8035 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We bought a furnished home this spring that came with 3 nice flatscreens. We brought a 65" OLED and 74" QLED with us - 3+2=5. We watch one.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4242 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Technically 3. Only one used (during football season) for actual live TV. One in game room hooked up to an XBox that my son plays and one in home gym for streaming workouts. Only have live streaming service (Youtube TV) during football season, rest of the year it's just Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO Max. We have never allowed TVs in bedrooms. Haven't watched any 'live' TV other than football in many years. Deleting network, local and cable news from your life is highly recommended.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one.

Posts: 14717 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
One.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1893 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Samsung 65" in the Living Room
Vizio 55" in the MBR
Samsung 42" in the Guest House
Panasonic 4x" in the office, currently not set up & weighs a ton.

Plan is to add a 75" [pending measuring] on the back patio.

Currently, only the living room TV gets any real use.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15433 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Just 3.

Posts: 5629 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We have one. But it’s not even plugged in. We haven’t watched TV since 2012.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29743 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Just have one. Had two at one point, but it's been a while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
13? holy crap! Eek

We have ONE in the living room

My Dad remarried when I was 6 years old and the woman he married didn't want a TV in the house, PERIOD. He won out and we had one but viewing was VERY limited and IMO a good thing. Sports, after-school specials and the occasional show on a Saturday night was it until my teens.

The only place I've seen a lot of TV's like one in every room are beach vacation houses in NJ and VA for the rainy days.

Posts: 33915 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Deleting network, local and cable news from your life is highly recommended.

I agree. I'm getting ready to cut the cord. I have one TV and one PC and my Spectrum cable
bill is 223 dollars a month. My brother and son are helping me to decide what streaming
services to get.

Posts: 1000 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
not one single tv for 35 years. get eveything i want or need on the internet

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
2, LR and mancave.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5692 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3. Liv Rm, Fam Rm, Kitchen. I seldom watch any of them.

I finally recycled five last month. Four CRTs (all still worked), and a flat screen (broken).

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero. TV shows and movies can't hold my attention, and I can get bad news anywhere.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3. Mbr, den, basement.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2366 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Four .

Posts: 4080 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
One.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 673 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post