SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interesting youtube on a tree surgeon at work
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting youtube on a tree surgeon at work Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
About 10 years ago I watched some arborist's take down two 150+ foot Douglas fir trees in the neighborhood with little room to work with. Taking down some of those big trees with little room to work with is sure on a different level of skills.

Interesting youtube on a tree surgeon at work.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they hired the right guy!! Sadly, sounds like they need a new neighbor Frown

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I wanted to be a tree surgeon, but i couldn't stand the sight of sap

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Really cool to watch

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That made my feet sweat

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Man I went down that rabbit hole a couple of years ago, watching tree surgeons on Youtube. No telling how many hours of it. One in particular was very interesting because he explained his tools and techniques in detail.

Not gonna look it up because I don't want to get hooked again!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

...or the broken limbs!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Man I went down that rabbit hole a couple of years ago, watching tree surgeons on Youtube. No telling how many hours of it. One in particular was very interesting because he explained his tools and techniques in detail.

Not gonna look it up because I don't want to get hooked again!

Smile Smile
Been there, wait, still there, I love watching other people work and trees have played too big a part of my life. Not just the nature of the job at hand -- mostly riveting -- but tree guys are a breed apart. Way apart.

I've been giving a lot of time to Human from across town here, a fascinating character with a back story he doesn't hide.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
God bless the working man.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Scary just watching the video.

I don't like trees that close to the house due to lightning and wind storms.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

...or the broken limbs!

Or the split crotches.

But what kept me from becoming a tree surgeon was my fear of a stormy autumn, also called a bad fall.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31444 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
That's a nope from me. My BIL does this for a living.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post