SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    White Ukrainian drink tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White Ukrainian drink tonight Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted
I asked my wife to make me a White Ukrainian drink tonight after a heavy dose of yard work. She asked, 'whats that?' It's a White Russian but henceforth I refuse to refer to it as that and only as a White Ukrainian. And! to make it even better, when she brought me my White Ukrainian I was watching the video of the Ukrainians destroying the 4-Russian tanks in a row. What timing!!

I don't think it is necessarily the Russians as it is more Putin Mad , but boy do I respect the Ukrainian military and the Ukraines as a nation dealing with what they are going through.

Bless them and hope they prevail.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Cheers, sir.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
If it helps, the White Russians were the anti-communists during the Russian Revolution; the commies are of course the Reds.

Even calling it a White Russian is a sign of protest. Wink

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
OMG. Are you kidding me?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
If it helps, the White Russians were the anti-communists during the Russian Revolution; the commies are of course the Reds.

I learned this when I was a kid watching Hogan's Heroes.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
OMG. Are you kidding me?

Freedom fries.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Funny, I was messing around with similar cocktails the other night. I made a drink with cream, vodka and orgeat (almond syrup). I had named it a white Ukrainian.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I have another variant of the White Ukranian.

Make a white Russian.

Float a tablespoon of Everclear on the surface.

Just before serving ignite the Everclear.

So what is a White Ukranian? A white Russian that is on fire.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
"Another Caucasian, Gary."

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:

I learned this when I was a kid watching Hogan's Heroes.

The movie 'Doctor Zhivago' in the 60's outlined the difference between white Russians and the 'red' communists as well. Excellent movie if you haven't seen it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
I asked my wife to make me a White Ukrainian drink tonight after a heavy dose of yard work. She asked, 'whats that?' It's a White Russian but henceforth I refuse to refer to it as that and only as a White Ukrainian. And! to make it even better, when she brought me my White Ukrainian I was watching the video of the Ukrainians destroying the 4-Russian tanks in a row. What timing!!

I don't think it is necessarily the Russians as it is more Putin Mad , but boy do I respect the Ukrainian military and the Ukraines as a nation dealing with what they are going through.

Bless them and hope they prevail.

Hey man, there's a beverage here!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post