SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those using the Brave, do you supplement the browsers' ad blocking?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those using the Brave, do you supplement the browsers' ad blocking? Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
I switched to Brave from Waterfox yesterday and am wondering what others are adding to Brave. Also, Avast is truly crappy now. What is probably best to replace it with?

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
No....Ad-Blocking is built in and performs just fine. I also use Firefox ESR as a backup, and run AdGuard AdBlocker w/ that browser.

Brave is my primary browser and I only use Firefox if I have issues w/ certain websites, which is rare.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8962 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Not really. I do have DuckDuckGo's Privacy Essentials, which blocks trackers, tied to using that search engine. Here's what I currently have for Brave (v1.23.73) add-ons:

Like nhracecraft, I keep Firefox (v88.0) as a backup. There I use AdBlocker Ultimate, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, and Privacy Badger.

As far as anti-virus, firewall, etc. I run Windows 10 Home 64-bit and use Comodo Internet Security Premium (free) , Malwarebytes (free) (incl their adwcleaner), and set Windows Defender reputation-based protection ON for unrecognized apps and files from the web.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16258 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Same here, ad blocking is very robust.

Posts: 3854 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I have AdBlock Plus installed. I can choose exactly what elements to block.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post