SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a ‘Holster’ for my Truck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a ‘Holster’ for my Truck Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
I am looking to install some sort of holster on the driver side door panel in my Tacoma.

Was thinking about something that could support my P220 and be reachable with my left hand.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Posts: 53235 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, we glued a velcro strip to the center console of the Crown Vic. Then placed one of those cheap nylon holsters to the velcro.

It held a 4506-1 pretty well. And surprised a few homeys. Smile It could probably be made to work on the inside of a door. Good luck! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
You might find something Here that you like.

Posts: 3470 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Something like this might work:
https://aliengearholsters.com/...b-holster-mount.html

About 15 or more years ago my dad had simply screwed a leather holster to the front of his vehicle seat (the plastic front panel) for a pocket gun. You couldn’t see it from outside the vehicle, but it was for a mouse gun. A P220 would be a different story, but it might work. I don’t know what the seats in a Tacoma are like, but you could do the same thing with the door panel I would imagine.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Make sure it would remain secure in the event of an accident, though.

Speaking from experience, you don't want a large, heavy object flying through the car at the time of an accident.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Look at the Magna-Arm gun magnet. I mounted one of these for a lefty. He loves it, mount is to left of his knee, not visible from the drivers window.

https://n8tactical.com/product/magna-arm-gun-mount/

Posts: 2306 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I REALLY like the Safariland QLS System - Locking Fork and Receiver Plate.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006LN7M8S

I haven't mounted it in a vehicle, but I might. Others have and it's a great solution. The potential to vehicle mount the holster is just one of the reasons I used this mounting system on my 'battle belt' which is set up for a P320. This is a particularly good solution if you already use Safariland Holsters, otherwise just add the Safariland Holster of your choice. Honestly though, I'd rather mount it low on the dash or the passenger side of the console rather than the drivers door to make the draw easier as you'll need to release the retention mechanism.

Another option is the G-Code RTI System. They actually have a Vehicle Mounting System that uses a combination of Hook & Loop Velcro w/ adhesive backing to secure it to the vehicle, but I would probably just drill mounting holes for the RTI Wheel. Their system is a little bulkier/wider, standing off the mounting surface a bit further, but that may not be an issue depending on where you mount it.

https://www.tacticalholsters.c...cle-mounting-system/

I have the G-Code XST Holster w/ their GCA200 - RTI Optimal Drop Pistol Platform for an HK USP (Safariland didn't offer the holster I wanted for the USP). Though it's a REALLY slick system, it's bulkier than the Safariland QLS System w/ a 7TS Series SLS Holster (for my P320) that I prefer.

Both of these systems allow you to remove the holster from the vehicle and mount it on a belt, which is VERY desirable feature/benefit IMO.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8956 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
great suggestions - will investigate them

good advice on it remaining secure in the event of an accident

Posts: 53235 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Something like this might be the ticket…

https://goldstarholsters.net/p...ring-column-holster/

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Dara vehicle holster system uses RAM mounting components. I am a big fan of RAM mounts and use them on both my Challenger and my BMW MC. RAM mounts are very adaptable, easy to use and standardized to mount all kinds of stuff in your ride.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought about the QLS for mounting in my F-150 but having settled on a solution. Going to look at the other recommendations here as well. Good thread.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Since you have a Taco, lots of options, maybe not door mounted:

Console mount:

There are also magnetic pistol mounts, several videos on YouTube.

Posts: 3955 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
Something like this might work:
https://aliengearholsters.com/...b-holster-mount.html
I have this as a mount for IWB holsters. It's OK in the house, but not sure about bouncing around in a vehicle.

However, they also make the stouter Cloack Dock for OWB holsters and it's much more solid. I have it mounted inside my truck's counsel vault and it's rock solid.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23317 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Make sure it would remain secure in the event of an accident, though.

Speaking from experience, you don't want a large, heavy object flying through the car at the time of an accident.

Damn good advice. A radio that wasn't permanently mounted almost got the best of me during an accident.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10940 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
If not drilling a rti mount on the door panel, I'd say one of the many MOLLE panel options for the Tacoma's. I have a desert does it mount in my 4runner (don't use it for a gun), but it's secure (mainly got it since I got the seat jackers which are a god send).

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Gum Creek Customs….. Total control and discreet

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I have a 2020 f150 and put a couple of gun magnets i bought off amazon and mounted them in my center console with the supplied tape and screws. Its out of sight and won’t get thrown around in an accident. Easily accessible and even with the console door open the gun is hard to spot.

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my concern is -- every time you open your door your handgun is exposed -- (and potentially falling out ??)

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Kydex holster which I have wrapped with a thick piece of rubber. It wedges into the slot in my door panel and is pretty rock solid. I don’t keep a gun there all the time as I have a console safe and I am often carrying my Glock 43X. However, when traveling and on other occasions, I’ll put the Glock 19 in the door holster. It falls just below my fingertips so it’s very easy to reach with my left hand. It’s a plus I’m left-handed also!

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 242 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post