SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don Maynard has passed at 86 (Pro Football hallafamer)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don Maynard has passed at 86 (Pro Football hallafamer) Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
By all accounts a good man. A son of a cotton gin worker from Tx. Wound his way to the nfl and had a great career. Made the most of playing with several qb's. Most notably. Broadway Joe. RIP.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19233 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
I met him on my elementary school football field. I actually lined up against him and he corrected my stance. He was a fine man. God's speed Mr. Maynard.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
While I wasn't a Jets fan as a young boy I was a huge fan of Don Maynard.

RIP Mr. Maynard.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I liked the Jets a lot. Him, Joe, Mike Battle.
Did he run out of his shoe in that pic?

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did he run out of his shoe in that pic?

I thought it was taped to cover, but I think you are right, he lost it.

Posts: 7481 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
Heck of a ball player for sure!!

Posts: 258 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I was a Jets fan that year. They were all pretty special.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is what I said about Saget. I have heard of this NFL guy. I think for ORC and members of his generation this guy was somehow meaningful. The older you get the more you read the obits. I do think seeing a new Obit every day is a little much.

Posts: 17277 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
As you said ZS. You do not need to open the thread or give your opinion in it.
This guy was before my time so I do not remember him persae. So what you think you know about my generation, you don't know shit.
I do recognize him as a hall of famer and NFL great of a lost era. When I saw that he had passed the article talked about his life from childhood to death. To post about a person who has had a good life. Some of it in the spotlight, most not. It is worthwhile to post it so that those that know of him will know. Such as Adobesig did, some may have personal experience with the person.

If this bothers you. So be it. Get over it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19233 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post