SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are You All Seeing Lots Of People Getting Colds/Flu Right Now?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are You All Seeing Lots Of People Getting Colds/Flu Right Now? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I think something is going around right now in SE PA? Seeing a fair number of people at work out sick. The Eagles QB was "sick" with some kind of unannounced thing and flew out to Seattle this past weekend on a separate jet which is a bit unusual.

My daughter age 3 had a bit of a fever for a day on Friday/Saturday last week then has had what looks like a pretty nasty cold all week and now I've been hit with it. Hopefully we can all get it over with before Christmas.

Posts: 33824 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I spent most of November and the first week of December sick with some stuff that started off as a raging sinus infection and fever, and then it went to my lungs. Lost my voice for over two weeks. No idea what it was, but at three weeks of not getting better I went to the doc and got on prednisone and some antibiotics. At my son's school, there is Covid, strep, flu, RSV and some other unknown shit going around, and it's been like that since Halloween.

Posts: 17153 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
It’s in KY as well. My wife had it first. I’ve had it since just after Thanksgiving. No fever or body aches, don’t feel bad, just a lot of congestion and sinus pressure. My ears were also clogged up and had to be irrigated. The lingering cough has been the worst part.

Several people I work with have had it also. Pretty much the same symptoms as me. Allergens have been bad around here so I’m sure that plays into the equation as well. My doctor said they have seen bugs/colds like this linger in people for weeks since covid popped up in 2020.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I had a weird bug a few weeks ago. Felt like crap, woke up with horrible sore throat. It went away in a day. I thought I was all better. 2 days later felt like total crap again but no sore throat. Nasty nasal congestion. Took over a full week to go away completely.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Not more than usual around here. I think people are interacting more like pre-pandemic. We see very few people in masks and to be honest, I would say 95%+ are minorities. The rest are mostly elderly with a few sprinkled Karen’s.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Coincidentally, my wife just mentioned, a half hour ago or so, "I think I may be coming down with something." *sigh*

That'd be about right. We've managed to get sick right about the week before Christmas for two years running, now. In both cases: She got sick, then I got sick.

I'm hoping this won't make it three, but...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
I was travelling by air last week.
Going out the guy next to me was coughing and weezing the whole 4 hour flight.
Coming back the lady next to be kept sneezing and blowing her nose for 4 hours.
I was sure I was going to get what ever it was, but so far nothing.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1495 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I was sick as a dog over the weekend. Stayed in bed sleeping off and on and delirious on Saturday. Finally took my temperature after I was feeling better Monday night and it was still 101.4. High fever, guttural cough that fortunately is productive and head congestion along with a couple of cold sores to top it off. In Massachusetts now.

And this on top of all that, got sick in South Carolina the week of Thanksgiving with different ailments of incredible cough and nose running like a faucet. Lasted a week, but took another week to feel better. That holiday was screwed up, but I'm hoping I can make it to Christmas with family if I'm feeling better and if they'll have. I won't blame them if they don't.

I'm seriously questioning my immune system. I pride myself on staying pretty fit, but it's not working this season.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38686 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's always the same around this time of the year.

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
It hit here about three to four weeks ago. Everyone at work had it, including me. Some missed a full week of work, some a few days. I was sleepy-tired & weak, and left early a couple of days.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Had the RSV for two weeks.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
FWIW the hospital said that they had 29% of admitted patients suffering from various respiratory aliments including Covid and RSV during my Thanksgiving week long stay.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/1930040505/p/1

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16225 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
At a small restaurant 2 weeks ago I was talking with a doc (Phd in biological research) who had finally just gotten over covid. He said he got it in late September, got over it, and it came right back two more times. He said he's been ok for the last month and has his strength back.
Anyway he said currently the virus is high in the area and they know this by monitoring levels in the municipal sewage treatment facility, which I found interesting.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I am not seeing anything other than the ordinary seasonal ailments.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15595 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Started getting a cough and congestion with body aches and a fever on 12/1. Progressed to some shit I couldn’t shake. Horrible cough, felt like an elephant sitting on my chest, really bad body aches, fever of 102.3, chills, and it felt like I was swallowing lava.

Decided to go to the ER on 12/7 where they tested me for flu, RSV and Covid. Negative for all of it. Chest x-ray showed negative for pneumonia. Doc advised bad cold virus that has morphed into bronchitis. She said cough would linger for at least a month. Gave me prednisone, inhaler, extra strength mucinex, and tesselon pearls to numb my throat.

Still have the cough but I’m still not coughing anything up, only a Clydesdale or two sitting on my chest and I don’t feel like I’m swallowing lava anymore but I’m hoarse as can be and get winded easily.

My brother just called me and said he has the same symptoms but I haven’t seen him since his wedding on October 7th. His 12 yo son tested positive for the flu on Monday, so it’s possible he now has it too.

My cousin told me on Thursday that he and his wife tested positive for Covid. Both have had their jabs and she’s a nurse so she’s likely the source.

I think it’s hitting so hard because we haven’t been interacting and getting the crud and slowly building our tolerance to it.

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Half my wives family had COVID last week in the thumb of WV. My nephews daycare had to close because 7 of the 11 teachers were out sick.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I had a pretty solid winter head cold hit me last week [or course right when I Was leaving for a hunting trip]. Nose like a faucet for a couple days, then sinus pressure/congestion, and just some lingering mucus cough. Nearly over it a week later.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15341 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
We are all sick here!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't been sick in 32+ years, so I haven't been paying attention.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Among other things, our company provides the linen service to clean the hospital privacy curtains in most the metro Atlanta area. That work has picked up noticeably in the last 4 weeks, but like 12131 said, only marginally more so than this time last year.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post