SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone have a Ruggable rug? Home use carpet cleaner?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have a Ruggable rug? Home use carpet cleaner? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
Ruggable are washable rugs with a separate backing.

With dogs and such, this seems like a good idea. We don’t know anyone that has one but the review well.

Also, we’re looking to maybe buy a carpet cleaning machine. The rental ones around here are nasty and seem like they add more junk to the carpets.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I have a few, and a family member has a house full of them.

They get much, much cleaner than a carpet cleaner gets a normal carpet.

You do need access to a fairly large washing machine, if you get the larger ones.

Also, it can be a little annoying to get them lined up properly.

If you have a good local rug cleaner, and no allergy issues, the other option is oriental rugs, with regular washings.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have one- it's one of the smaller ones and use it under the dogs' dishes. Much easier to clean and has been holding up well.

Posts: 342 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thank you !

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My wife decided that it’s the way to go, so we have several on hardwood and tile floors. They look nice enough, the only problem I see is that the fit between the rug and mat isn’t always perfect and the edges can curl a bit.

I’ll add, it beats the heck out of using those corner glue patches on a conventional rug.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13269 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post