SIGforum
New painting given the political climate in the world today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3600059324

May 08, 2017, 04:24 PM
6guns
New painting given the political climate in the world today
Division

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
May 08, 2017, 05:41 PM
mr.sig239
Very nice!


phil

May 08, 2017, 08:15 PM
two-two-niner-romeo
I like it!



"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall
May 08, 2017, 08:26 PM
sigmonkey
Reminds me of things I used to see in OMNI magazine.

Very evocative.



If you are so inclined as to make this available in a print, I would love to place it in my living room.




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
May 09, 2017, 08:03 AM
6guns
I'm definitely influenced by Roger Dean on this.

Monkey, of course if you're really interested. I'm flattered.




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
May 09, 2017, 12:44 PM
Alpine79830
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Reminds me of things I used to see in OMNI magazine.

Very evocative.



If you are so inclined as to make this available in a print, I would love to place it in my living room.


OMNI, nerd nirvana, I miss it Smile
May 09, 2017, 12:51 PM
Balzé Halzé
Very cool, 6guns. I'm digging it.


~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

May 09, 2017, 12:57 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I'm definitely influenced by Roger Dean on this.

Monkey, of course if you're really interested. I'm flattered.


I am.




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
May 09, 2017, 01:25 PM
Jim Shugart
Very cool Painting! What size is it? I'm also interested.



When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
May 09, 2017, 01:29 PM
slabsides45
Very nice. Unsure you hit the Mason-Dixon line precisely, but let's face it, it was really a guesstimate anyhow, right?

Wish I could paint anything but finger paints. You gots the talent.


________________________________________________

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
May 09, 2017, 01:42 PM
Patrick-SP2022
quote:
I'm definitely influenced by Roger Dean on this.


I was about to ask if Roger Dean was one of your influences.




May 09, 2017, 08:21 PM
6guns
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Very cool Painting! What size is it? I'm also interested.


Thanks, Jim. The original is 28"x16". I can get prints in any size, but keeping the size ratios the same would make sense.




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
May 09, 2017, 08:22 PM
6guns
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I'm definitely influenced by Roger Dean on this.

Monkey, of course if you're really interested. I'm flattered.


I am.


If you don't mind, send me an email...in profile. Thanks, sigmonkey!!




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
May 09, 2017, 09:09 PM
6guns
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
I'm definitely influenced by Roger Dean on this.


I was about to ask if Roger Dean was one of your influences.


Yeah, big Yes fan here. This is the first painting I've ever done that really had a Roger Dean influence though.




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
May 10, 2017, 08:04 AM
darthfuster
Really a nice composition. I like how it invites the viewer to consider its message. As usual, great work!



You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier