SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New painting given the political climate in the world today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New painting given the political climate in the world today Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
Division

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

phil

Posts: 2393 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
I like it!

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1916 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of things I used to see in OMNI magazine.

Very evocative.

If you are so inclined as to make this available in a print, I would love to place it in my living room.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely influenced by Roger Dean on this.

Monkey, of course if you're really interested. I'm flattered.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Reminds me of things I used to see in OMNI magazine.

Very evocative.

If you are so inclined as to make this available in a print, I would love to place it in my living room.

OMNI, nerd nirvana, I miss it Smile

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Very cool, 6guns. I'm digging it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

I am.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Very cool Painting! What size is it? I'm also interested.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Unsure you hit the Mason-Dixon line precisely, but let's face it, it was really a guesstimate anyhow, right?

Wish I could paint anything but finger paints. You gots the talent.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was about to ask if Roger Dean was one of your influences.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Very cool Painting! What size is it? I'm also interested.

Thanks, Jim. The original is 28"x16". I can get prints in any size, but keeping the size ratios the same would make sense.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

I am.

If you don't mind, send me an email...in profile. Thanks, sigmonkey!!

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:

I was about to ask if Roger Dean was one of your influences.

Yeah, big Yes fan here. This is the first painting I've ever done that really had a Roger Dean influence though.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Really a nice composition. I like how it invites the viewer to consider its message. As usual, great work!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post