SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paragliding in comfort and he sticks the landing. (Video)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paragliding in comfort and he sticks the landing. (Video) Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
How do you practice to perform a stunt like this.
Just kind of balance the couch and say let’s give it a go?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine doing that without a safety belt.

Posts: 773 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several mornings each week I see a guy cruising around the neighborhood with a para-sail and a small engine-propeller on a backpack mount.

Couple of miles across the prairie is a ranch with a shooting range, and I hear full-auto firing from time to time.

Interesting neighborhood.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking he is belted in but for video purposes the belt is hidden from sight 7nder clothing. Sliding across 20 yards of pavement isn’t exactly what I would call sticking the landing. Lol

I particularly liked the bit with eating the chips.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOCkid:
I can't imagine doing that without a safety belt.

My first thought too!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This guy has a few videos.
Link to Hasan Kaval YouTube

Bed

Barbecue

Reporter with COVID Mask

Coffee

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will be reading a "he died doing what he loved" story on Hasan at some point in the future.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16112 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
That was entertaining! The floor lamp was a nice touch. After he landed, it sounded like Looney Tunes music from the TV, probably appropriate....

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yes, the always treacherous 4 point landing

any landing where you can use the sofa again is a good landing, if you don't have to re-upholster its a great landing

Posts: 53216 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Never by a flying couch from ACME...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43915 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was actually a much better landing than I expected. I thought the couch was going to "grab" the tarmac and flip him out of the sofa.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The couch appears to have landing gear under-side. (perhaps some heavy duty rollers?)

Regardless - pretty balzy.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
The “bedroom” landing is fascinating. He appears to touchdown as gently as a commercial jet.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It's only partially a joke that para-couching may end up being included in the upcoming Paris Olympics.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16378 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post