SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Critters in the grocery store tonight.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Critters in the grocery store tonight. Login/Join 
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted
I was buying hot dog rolls for brats tonight when a young girl laying on the bottom shelf of a grocery cart yelled “Mommy, there’s a bird in here”. Instantly, a bird flushes from below my sightline and embarks on a tour of the store.

Shortly after, while checking out I noticed the guy behind me in line is videoing with his cell phone an employee cornering and trapping a rat with an overturned waste can.

Best part is nobody was grossed out. We locals were laughing hysterically and the tourists all seemed to feel lucky to have experienced it.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen many birds in many different stores in my area-wally world, Publix, Winn Dixie,etc., it happens. I remember years ago while responding to a fire alarm in the early a.m. at a major grocery chain store, prior to any workers being there, a pre-packaged bread/bakery distributor would drop off the days bread/pastries and leave them outside at the rear of the building in plain sight on pallets. There was a bunch of bags/boxes that were torn into by what I can only imagine, all different types of critters. My crew and I could not believe that the new products were just left out in the open. To boot, there was no over head covering so you also had the elements to deal with as well. I have to say it is one of the biggest drawbacks to my job as we see things a lot of people don't. There are many restaurants I won't go into either after touring the building.

It's like they say, ignorance is bliss.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Some things are better when they are unknown, like sausage production.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Some things are better when they are unknown, like sausage production.

Funny you should bring this up. When I was in the 4th or 5th grade, our teacher thought it would be a good idea to take us to a Hormel meat plant that made hot dogs for a field trip. It was years and years before I could eat a hot dog after that. That teacher should have been fired for that brainless act. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post