SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NASA spaceX launch tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NASA spaceX launch tonight Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Set for 7:27. 50% go will be watching from the driveway if it’s a go. Night launch are the best

325 on Directv

https://www.nasa.gov/nasaliveThe

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
SpaceX YouTube channel live now. This is a manned crew launch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnChQbxLkkI

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Fuel loaded. T minus 14 minutes

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Great launch. Everything went well. Cloud cover hid what we normally see

posted Hide Post
Watching. Very cool. So neat to see a launch every time. 12,000 mph is hauling azz!

Posts: 4776 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Sat in the back yard and watched it.
Brings my wife and I back to the days when we sat in the back yard and watched the space shuttle launches.
Feels great that the United States is back to launching Astronauts to the space station.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/86vsQj3ahL8j

Fair amount of cloud cover so we only got a glimpse

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Nominal. Such a simple work but with such meaning.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
That was an awesome launch. I've been in aviation for 30 years, I never get tired of this stuff. Smile

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1904 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The high quality of automation, planning, and execution was amazing to watch. Boring compared to wathcing the Apollo vehicle liftoffs. Boring is the wrong word but you get my point. That was outstanding.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Watched it from my rooftop with my parents, wife and kids. We watch as many of these as we can, and was great. Was able to follow for almost 9 minutes with binoculars (police Steiner’s from a deal on this forum years ago). The plume of the second stage in the vacuum was unreal and very cool.

Private American Industry sends 4 Americans into orbit! Hell yeah!

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched the launch and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thrilling.

When the shuttle program ended I absolutely hated the idea that we had to pay the Russians to hitch a ride to the ISS. We had no replacement launch vehicles until Space X. Kudos to Elon Musk.

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
The sound was great. Dragon is a perfect name-it was breathing and alive just before liftoff.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

Posts: 3523 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Watched part of it live. Four astronauts.on board, all looking just fine.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh.... the power and majesty of LOX and SP-1 in the night sky. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it was visible from Tampa

saw it live as it rocketed into orbit -- i just happened to be at the right place at the right time (driving to pick up a pizza) lol

there was a long line of cars pulled over and we quickly realized what everyone was looking up at Smile

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post