SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayer request for me.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer request for me. Login/Join 
posted
I'm having two wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow. I've had one out before, but now I am 50. Luckily, both teeth being extracted are on the same side of my mouth. I'm just feeling nervous about it. I will be awake with a local and laughing gas. I could use some prayer power if you have any to give.

Thanks in advance.

XD45man.

Posts: 788 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
You got it. You will be fine. I know many have anxiety about going to the dentist. I never have. Wife works for one. I love going in. Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
I share your uneasiness with dentists, and at about the same age, with a few of my wisdom teeth still there.....

Prayers to you, and good luck!

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Prayers up for a smooth procedure and easy recovery.

Posts: 27150 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent. When I had mine out I went home and slept for the rest of the day. By the time I woke up, it was just a little tender. The worst part was the sound effects -it sounded like he was fracturing my jawbone.
The nice thing about Nitrous is you don't care if it hurts or not. It's a different experience than simply numbing your mouth.

Posts: 709 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you. I had all four wisdom teeth extracted a couple of years ago. With nitrous oxide and numbing it wasn’t too rough. Depends a lot on your dentist, of course.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9411 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Done. Best wishes also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13983 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. You'll be fine. 3 years ago I had all mine pulled and implants installed, upper arch one day and the lower 2 weeks later. Sucked going through it but my teeth are great now.

Posts: 4810 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. I had one wisdom tooth extracted about a month ago, I’ll be 59 in a couple of weeks. I worked in the morning, had it yanked at 12:30 and back home and working at my desk by 1:30. I only had local anesthetic. Just be careful afterwards to avoid dry socket. Advil was my friend for a few weeks but no issues for me

Posts: 2351 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers out. You will be fine. Positive vibes….

Posts: 4119 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. You're a braver man than me. I've been putting of getting mine out for 20 years. They don't hurt, aren't causing problems, I say leave them alone. Dentist disagrees. Used to bring it up every time I went in. I solved that problem by not going to the dentist anymore. Someday I'll probably regret that decision, but not today Big Grin.

Posts: 9167 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loading the wagon
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you. I’m sure it will turn out fine.

Posts: 276 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Had all four out at once. I was lucky they were just pins. No gas just numb. One stitch in each. Second day was worst. But you will be fine.

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had more than one tooth extraction and its no fun but once they numb you up you'll be fine. The actual extraction isn't all that bad it's afterwards when the novacanine wears off that you're going to feel pain and discomfort so whatever pain killer they subscribe take it before the novacaine wears off.

Posts: 1695 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying for the best outcome and recovery.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1547 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dentists can be a royal pain, no-doubt, but here's hoping yours is one of the very many good ones. Even so, don't worry, it'll go fine and you'll feel better for doing it in a couple days.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a successful procedure and peace of mind.

Posts: 1132 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent! I'm sure you will be fine.

Posts: 6714 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

My wife recently had her remaining upper teeth (8) all pulled in a single visit for dentures. No sedation, just local and a zanax. Not even the gas.

She is a major wimp and handled it fine, you’re gonna be ok.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11185 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
You're in my prayers too.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post