SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayer request for me.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer request for me. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The fact that they're both on the same side might make it a bit easier to manage afterward, though. Having had one out already, you probably have a good idea of what to expect. Local anesthesia and laughing gas should help keep you comfortable during the procedure.

Posts: 52 | Location: MS, USA | Registered: February 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers.

Posts: 2054 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this and prayed for you for no pain and minimal discomfort during the recovery.

I share your dislike for visits to the Dentist but the radiation I had a few years ago for Head and Neck cancer kinda messed up, among other things, my teeth and I go to the Dentist every two months.

So, yeah, I relate to your apprehension and prayed it'll go very easy for you.

Bob

Posts: 1670 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Best wishes, hoping it goes smoothly for you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to of come through fine. The laughing gas is an excellent choice. I was watching Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade during the procedure and I don't remember watching it. So far so good. Thank you all for the prayers.

Posts: 788 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a quick and comfortable recovery!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1727 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a week out from having my wisdom teeth extracted. I developed a pretty decent infection in my jaw. I have had some very painful sleepless days. I've been on Amoxi-Clav 500-125 for a few days now and I think I may be turning towards the positive. I'm no longer in constant pain. I am now in periods of zero pain and periods of major pain. I have missed a week of work, but I did get to completely rewatch Generation Kill, Rome and I am on Season 3 of The Wire.
I think I have actually gained some weight as I have been on a diet of pudding and ice cream.
I think I will be able to go to work tomorrow and I see my dentist for the 3rd time on Friday.

Anyway, I thought I would post an update. Lesson learned: Have your wisdom teeth extracted in your 20s.

Posts: 788 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if anyone reads this, but its therapeutic for me to write about it. I saw a doctor yesterday for my infection. She gave me a Toradol shot. I saw the dentist today and he packed my exposed jaw bone with clove paste. That stuff gives some relief. I slept for 5 straight hours last night and I don’t mean to be vulgar, but the wife helped me get going this morning.
I need to see the dentist next Tuesday, but I hope I am good to go for my annual Independence Day celebration brisket.
Thanks for all the prayers.

posted Hide Post
I'm glad it helps to write about it! My post-surgical infection was bad (and my fault, I tried eating lo mein too soon afterwards...) and glad the clove paste is working for you. Prayers for a speedy recovery and the opportunity to enjoy some freedom brisket! Big Grin

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post